Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brock Lesnar will make his next title defense against Cain Velasquez at UFC 121.

UFC president Dana White confirmed with MMA Fighting Friday night that the heavyweight title fight will take place at the yet-to-be officially announced event, scheduled for Oct. 23 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif.

Lesnar, 5-1, is coming off a riveting second-round submission win over Shane Carwin at UFC 116 last weekend in Las Vegas. Prior to the win, he had been on the sidelines due to a battle with diverticulitis.

Share9
Meanwhile, Velasquez most recently knocked out Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira at UFC 110 in Australia this past February. The American Kickboxing Academy member is a perfect 8-0 in his MMA career.

source : http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/07/09/brock-lesnar-vs-cain-velasquez-signed-for-ufc-121/

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Cain couldnt put down Kongo and he landed like 200 punches. Mir did it with 1 punch. And people think this guy stands a chance vs Brock???

I dont.

Cant wait to see this fight happen. Glad to see the UFC HW division is worth watching.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Cain couldnt put down Kongo and he landed like 200 punches. Mir did it with 1 punch. And people think this guy stands a chance vs Brock???

I dont.

Cant wait to see this fight happen. Glad to see the UFC HW division is worth watching.
I agree.

Call me an asshole but I don't really even seeing this being competitive. Lesnar is going to take him down at will and maul him. Cain is just to small. I don't see him knocking Lesnar out ethier.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts

I dont.

Ya the punching power is lacking, it is quite possible that Cain is #3. JDS and Mir can still make it. It's just a lonnnng wait and see. I really hope Anderson will be doing a 3rd fight this year.

I would like to see a Carwin announcement too after 117, I guess he fights the loser of JDS/Nelson? Dude's old took, but no damage except for the acute 'gassing' episode. When does his contract run out, the man needs to get paid.

·
Banned
820 Posts
Looking forward to this fight, but I do have Brock takeing it.

·
Premium Member
21,505 Posts
This whole card is going to be epic if it holds together, can't wait to see what they add to:

Lesnar vs Velasquez
Stout vs Taylor
and who Rampage fights.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
This whole card is going to be epic if it holds together, can't wait to see what they add to:

Lesnar vs Velasquez
Stout vs Taylor
and who Rampage fights.
Althought that card looks epic, it has injury replacement(s) written all over it. Or at least that what we've been cursed with when it comes to the majority of the stacked cards.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Has anyone fired up the Lesnar bandwagon yet? Lesnar by complete domination, no later than round two.
Has been rolling since his mma debut, and not going to stop anytime soon!
Cain is excellent and definetily a top 5 HW, but this is just nightmare matchup for him.

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
Cain obviously has this on the feet, and he's a good wrestler but I'd be worried about the size difference, its huge. Cain said recently that he's 245 and wouldn't put on more weight cause he's comfortable there, that's a 20lb difference, its worrying.

·
Banned
5,115 Posts
David vs Goliath. We all know who won that battle. Cain is too skilled for Brock in every department. Hes going to prove hes a legit, deserving champion and i have a feeling hes going to hold the belt for some time.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.