Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
The Title Guy
17,649 Posts
And the fact that he faced constant racism throughout his life on both sides of the Pacific due to his being of mixed ancestry.

·
Premium Member
7,199 Posts
I like how Bruce Lee weighed 150 to 170 lbs. And could bench press 400 lbs.

And old school boxing greats would run marathons for fitness reasons to stay in shape.

Their work ethic is not to be underestimated.

·
The Title Guy
17,649 Posts
Yeah the Diaz brothers do the exact same thing in order to keep in shape which is why they were able to step in for fights when someone dropped out. That's why Nate was able to take out Conor McGregor the first time around and also why he went five rounds with him the second time.

·
The Title Guy
17,649 Posts
Yeah Bruce Lee was a very well rounded practitioner who exposed the west to the idea of the eastern martial arts that were pretty much spiritually based.

·
Premium Member
7,199 Posts
The spiritualism aspect comes from eastern martial arts and eastern mysticism which train the spirit and a person's life energy.

The way someone lifting weights would train their body.

Basically things Joe Rogan would say isn't real.

But. They are real.

·
The Title Guy
17,649 Posts
Yeah Joe Rogan has a certain way of thinking and it is basically a western way of thinking like many western athletes think in that they just go all out. Eastern athletics trains the body and mind in order to maximize not just athletics but also life. Anyone who adapts both like I try to do will do a lot better in both areas.

·
Premium Member
7,199 Posts
Joe Rogan always makes fun of things like "astral travel".

I think there are a small number of people who can actually do things like that.

There are interesting similarities between christianity and eastern mysticism.

In the bible, Moses never tastes death but instead ascends directly to heaven.

The chinese yellow emperor and others who lived nearer to that time period were claimed to have done the same.

There are mountains of intelligent, insightful and interesting commentary that could be made on topics like religion no one ever talks about.

Its like all of the smart people on this planet disappeared.

·
Premium Member
7,199 Posts
I don't know what people think about my level of intelligence.

Takes I see posted on the internet, by the media.

Are so unbelievably and overwhelmingly derp.

It makes me feel like I'm a genius.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts