Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
butterbean will be fighting sean o'haire instead. the fight was a no go with the athletic commision. mark hunt may still fight someone. iahve one word for all this..."BOOOOOOO'..i know it was kinda a wwf match up. but i think it would have been exciting none the less. hopefully they get to it when they get back to japan. dammit pride stay in japan where we can see the fights we want. forget about the u.s. and its crazy rules..lol

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tasteestuff said:
why o, why?? what happened? Is it contract issue? Mark Hunt is injured? I would have to love to see these two at stand up fight.
the weight difference. im pissed i really wanted to see this fight. im sure they will set it up at a later date.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The following is the updated line-up for the October 21st PRIDE 32 "The Real Deal" show from the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada:

-Fedor Emelianenko vs. Mark Coleman
-Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs. Kevin Randleman
-Dan Henderson vs. Vitor Belfort
-Josh Barnett vs. Pawel Nastula
-Robbie Lawler vs. Joey Villasenor
-Phil Baroni vs. Yosuke Nishijima
-Eric "Butterbean" Esch vs. Sean O'Haire
-Kazuhiro Nakamura vs. TBA

Marvin Eastman and Mark Hunt are off the card, at least at this point. Eastman is off due to a dispute with the WFA, while Hunt is off due to his bout being rejected by the Nevada State Athletic Comission. He could still fight on the card against an opponent deemed by the NSAC to be qualified
source=mmanews.com

·
Registered
71 Posts
Man that's a damn shame...I was actually looking forward to that battle of iron heads. But if it's not gonna happen it's only fair on everyone (including the fighters who have been preparing for a specific type of opponent) that they find someone who would provide a similar match up. In this case a real slug fest and battle of the hard hitters....Fujita is a good call.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Are you sure this is absolutely official? I just went on the Pride website and there was no word of any changes to that fight.

If it's true O'haire is a really uninspired replacement....I'd seriously rather they dig up Tank Abbot or Bob Sapp than O'haire.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
FizzKick said:
Are you sure this is absolutely official? I just went on the Pride website and there was no word of any changes to that fight.

If it's true O'haire is a really uninspired replacement....I'd seriously rather they dig up Tank Abbot or Bob Sapp than O'haire.
well they were trying to line up o'haire with fujita, but that fell threw for some reason. it's definently official. prides website sucks, thats like there only downfall, well that and how long it takes to get the dvds out.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
how much does o'haire weigh?
And whom can you match hunt with?? According to the Nevada Athletic Commission...he's too big for the heavy's and too small for the super fatasses. He s about 280 or something isn't he ?

·
Banned
145 Posts
i cant believe theyre replacing Mark hunt with a WWF loser.
This guy is a woman beater also..
"On July 27, 2004 Sean O'Haire was arrested on charges of assault and battery stemming from a 6/12 incident at a night club. The Warrant states O'Haire allegedly punched 2 women, Ivy Rowland & Diedre Clancy at Club Hypnotic & kicked Clancy when down. On July 29, 2004 Sean O'Haire claimed the 2 women attacked him first, and if he really wanted to hurt them, they'd be in the hospital" (taken from wikipedia)
I hope Butterbean knocks his head in!

hes probably a roid monkey

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
I understand the complaints about not being able to win easy points now. However, I have been a BB fan for years now and I am very glad to see that he won't have to be MH's punching bag. Trust me, it is way more fun to watch BB beat up on an unskilled muscle man (unless you are a muscle man) than it is to watch BB get leg kicked until he can't stand.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
WouldLuv2FightU said:
Shit man I've put like 2000 on Hunt so far in the vbookie....maybe more...I was gonna try and put 15000 before the fight...hope I get my points back...this was gonna be an easy ass payday :mad:
Hey wouldluvtofightu, are going to Columbus on Nov. 11 for the Gracie show? I heard that George Bush is fighting in it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.