Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
WTF Chuck, Fight Me!
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did u see how those harmless looking punches finished sean? i dont know much about that guy, maybe he sucks and cant take a punch, but one thing is for sure : mark hunt may have an iron jaw, but the fight scheduled surely wasnt a mismatch.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Split said:
did u see how those harmless looking punches finished sean? i dont know much about that guy, maybe he sucks and cant take a punch, but one thing is for sure : mark hunt may have an iron jaw, but the fight scheduled surely wasnt a mismatch.

hunt has beaten the likes of cro cop and wandy. noone in the world is safe is they stand and trade with hunt and since butterbean has 0 ground skills he would stand with him.

to summarize, hunt would decimate butterbean into another universe, butterbean looked impressive cause he was fighting a can. plus hunt is a kickboxer, butterbean can't check a leg kick for his life...

trust me, i wanted to see the match, but it was a huge mismatch; hunt would have destroyed butterbean.

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
But Mike would have had to "box" butterbean... it wouldnt have been the ufc rules used with sean...

In that case, I would have gone with bean.... boxers are trained for "boxing"... thats all they do...

·
Registered
8 Posts
butterbean

Didnt any of you see butterbean drop that bbq rib before he came down the ramp? It may have been a light flashing, but i swear it was a pork rib. Butterbean is funny to watch but they put him against an oaf. they would have been better off putting him against a well known oaf like bob sapp.

Hunt would have destroyed butterbean. But, if they have any respect for each other maybe they will go eat at butterbeans rib shack afterwards. I know they both like to eat.

·
Registered
318 Posts
attention said:
But Mike would have had to "box" butterbean... it wouldnt have been the ufc rules used with sean...

In that case, I would have gone with bean.... boxers are trained for "boxing"... thats all they do...
Who said it wouldn't be MMA rules if Hunt fought Butterbean? You are giving Butterbean too much credit to call him a boxer. Mark Hunt would destroy him. Did you see him in K1? He's more of a boxer than Bean. I'm actually glad they didn't fight because of that as I actually like Butterbean, seems like a good guy.

·
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
2,458 Posts
billyfrompred said:
Didnt any of you see butterbean drop that bbq rib before he came down the ramp? It may have been a light flashing, but i swear it was a pork rib. Butterbean is funny to watch but they put him against an oaf. they would have been better off putting him against a well known oaf like bob sapp.

Hunt would have destroyed butterbean. But, if they have any respect for each other maybe they will go eat at butterbeans rib shack afterwards. I know they both like to eat.

Bob Sapp vs Butterbean

hahah WOW.. i would so pay to see that

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Shogun said:
Who said it wouldn't be MMA rules if Hunt fought Butterbean? You are giving Butterbean too much credit to call him a boxer. Mark Hunt would destroy him. Did you see him in K1? He's more of a boxer than Bean. I'm actually glad they didn't fight because of that as I actually like Butterbean, seems like a good guy.
hxxp://www.*******.com/pride/NSAC-Nixes-ButterbeanHunt-Change-Made-To-Bout.html

please change the 'xx' to 'tt', Im not sure if they allow for live links on this site...

Well, thats true... the bean man isnt really a 'boxer' per se... but he trains as a boxer... nothing else...

If sean thru more kicks and didnt engage him, waited for the counter instead, this mighta ended different...

I do agree, bean's out-of-arena persona is that of a nice-average-joe kinda guy... no big ego, no braggin, just props out to the fans for having him :thumbsup:

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
Shogun said:

Too much credit to call him a boxer? lmao

HE WAS A BOXER FOR YEARS!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
i haven't seen those fights, but i am preety sure the submission thing was bean punching his opponents and them tapping. he has a couple of chokes, but those are probably elbow chokes, all those submission victories were over ultimate cans.

even bean admits it, he said something on the line of, i couldn't do anything in the ground before but after training i atleast know how to stand up from the ground so i don't get into trouble.

bean's ground game is not good at all, records don't tell you what a fighter can do, especially when he has fought people in their debut matches...bean would stand up with hunt for sure and he would get decimated.(IMO)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.