Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of the first videos I've seen of Cain answering questions about Lesnar. You know I feel like Cain is an honourable warrior coming to do battle against a behemoth. But I'm just not sure he can pull it. 1st round tko would be stunning, but his game plan has to be to grind it out to the 4th and 5th rounds.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
cool interview but there was a little bit of a :confused02: moment. The interviewer asked that since Brock likes to have a war of words prior to the fight, if Cain will get involved.

I dont know if he just wanted a reaction from Cain to that or what, but Lesnar pretty much proved that he wont talk bad about you until you start bad mouthing him. The worst thing he said about Carwin was that he has better wrestling credentials.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Anyone else think with Cain being so calm and not trash talking at all and Brock living somewhere up in the hills and not trash talking too much anymore that this is going to be a terribly promoted fight? I mean they got mad at Carwin for not talking trash a lot but unless if you have seen Cain fight and know what he is capable of he is not intimidating and he does not talk trash... which is what the UFC usually uses to promote title fights.

·
You're not terribly important to me
15,563 Posts
Anyone else think with Cain being so calm and not trash talking at all and Brock living somewhere up in the hills and not trash talking too much anymore that this is going to be a terribly promoted fight? I mean they got mad at Carwin for not talking trash a lot but unless if you have seen Cain fight and know what he is capable of he is not intimidating and he does not talk trash... which is what the UFC usually uses to promote title fights.
you dont need trash talking to promote ufc unless its a cake walk match up(sonnen vs silva) they are both terrific fighters, i have lesnar via tko late in the 3rd or 4th

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
I wanna see if Cain can pull Brock into the 4 and 5th round. It'll be interesting to see Brock when he's a little more weary and not as explosive.

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
No, I think this means that the UFC will use it's hype machine with a lot of footage from previous fights. We are also probably going to see a lot of Rogan pointing out their strengths. Trash talking seems to bite the UFC in the ass more often than not, plus Lesnar is starting to get a lot more fans after how he handled the questions after the Carwin fight. If anything this gives DW a chance to build on the fact that as long as you don't poke Lesnar with a stick he is actually a very nice hairless silverback.

·
Registered
329 Posts
No, I think this means that the UFC will use it's hype machine with a lot of footage from previous fights. We are also probably going to see a lot of Rogan pointing out their strengths. Trash talking seems to bite the UFC in the ass more often than not, plus Lesnar is starting to get a lot more fans after how he handled the questions after the Carwin fight. If anything this gives DW a chance to build on the fact that as long as you don't poke Lesnar with a stick he is actually a very nice hairless silverback.
LOL :thumb01: +rep'ed

Reactions: PheelGoodInc

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
This fight doesnt need hype, it's going to get a ton of buys regardless. The fight is in Cali and you can bet that a ton of Hispanics will be tuning in to watch their undefeated boy try to take the title from big Brock. Not only that, but any fight with Lesnar in it pretty much sells itself.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
I know but they got upset with Carwin because he was not "promoting the fihgt" and he was in a fight with two giants that sells itself. That is the fight marketing people dream for. Two huge guys that look estremely intimidating thta don't like each other, for the title, one of them undefeated and the other one of the most watched fighters in the history of the sport.

This fight is coming right after that with a fighter who seems too small, the fighters respect each other, the challenger could not finish Kongo, both of them will not talk trash to the other, and unless you have seen Cain fight before you would not think he has a chance.

I mean the only thing this fight has going for it marketing wise is that Cain is undefeated and that he is Mexican...

I will watch it because I love MMA and I have seen Cain fight before and it is always entertaining to see the giant get challenged...

Maybe I am wrong but this just seems like a really hard time to make a countdown and advertise this fight easily.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Cain Velasquez Won't Trade Trash Talk With Brock Lesnar

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/07/19/cain-velasquez-wont-trade-trash-talk-with-brock-lesnar/

If you're one of the fans who wanted Shane Carwin to engage in a little talk trash with Brock Lesnar to hype their UFC 116 fight, Cain Velasquez has some bad news for you.

Velasquez tells Fight Magazine that as he prepares to fight Lesnar at UFC 121, he's going to take the Carwin approach: He'll show nothing but respect for the champion.

"That's not my style," Velasquez said. "I'm going to show you. That's what I do -- I don't talk, I'm going to show you."

Share4
Analyzing Lesnar as an opponent, Velasquez said identified some holes in Lesnar's striking while watching the Carwin fight, but mostly he was just impressed with Lesnar's performance.

"I thought he looked good," Velasquez said. "I thought he showed a lot of heart. a lot of guys wouldn't have gotten past that first round with Shane. ... He has the heart of a true champion."

I was as entertained as the next guy by Frank Mir's war of words with Lesnar prior to UFC 100, and I think there's some value in the use of brash statements to sell pay-per-views, as everyone from Rampage Jackson to Floyd Mayweather to Vince McMahon has shown. But for the most part I prefer the way Carwin and Velasquez do things. The Chael Sonnen approach doesn't make a challenger a great threat to the champion, it just makes him a jerk. Velasquez is approaching his fight with Lesnar the right way.

Good video in there as well.....:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts