Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Benito Lopez fined 10 percent for UFC-Fresno weigh-ins shove; CSAC to keep money

FRESNO, Calif. – Benito Lopez pushed his opponent during today’s UFC Fight Night 123 weigh-ins ceremony, and the California State Athletic Commission has pushed back.

UFC officials confirmed with MMAjunkie that Lopez has been fined 10 percent of his $10,000 show money for shoving Albert Morales during their face-off at Fresno Convention Center. Unlike when a fighter misses weight, Lopez’s deducted purse money won’t be paid to Morales and instead will go to the CSAC.

As the two fighters squared off for an intense staredown, Morales suddenly yelled “boo” in Lopez’s face. Lopez’s reaction was to give Morales a hard push; Morales didn’t retaliate.

Lopez, who is making his official UFC debut after an August win on Dana White’s Contender Series, will lose $1,000 as a result of his actions. He could earn an extra $10,000 with a win.

Lopez (8-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) vs. Morales (7-2-1 MMA, 1-2-1 UFC) is set to kick off the FS1-televised main card of UFC Fight Night 123, which takes place Saturday at Save Mart Center. Early prelims will streak on UFC Fight Pass.

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/12/benito-lopez-fined-ufc-fresno-weigh-ins-shove-albert-morales-csac

California is run by communists.

They passed a law making it legal for communists to hold office in california in case a wikileak emerges outing them as commies(which used to be illegal).

They won't be happy until california resembles venezuela/north korea.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts

They passed a law making it legal for communists to hold office in california in case a wikileak emerges outing them as commies(which used to be illegal).

Well they made up for it by giving him the win and he clearly lost the last two rounds with the first was debatable. Hell of a fight and I'm sure a G is nothing when you probably were the first person brought up when talking about bonuses that night.

·
The Title Guy
17,645 Posts
I didn't think that something like that is corrupt or communist it's trying to keep the sport civil and keeping good sportsmanship in there. And no you don't have to sell a fight by shoving and name calling.

·
Premium Member
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Posted 4 fkn years ago.

It almost seems like this guy knew what they were talking about.

Too bad no one listened or took them seriously.

Until it was too late.

:LOL:

·
The Title Guy
17,645 Posts
Yeah the problem is that California appoints these commissioners who are pure bureaucrats who know nothing about the sport and are more concerned about stuff like these hearings in regards to all of the violations and all that. They don't show up to events, just to collect a paycheck. I can tell you right now I'd be involved if I were a commissioner.

·
Premium Member
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah the problem is that California appoints these commissioners who are pure bureaucrats who know nothing about the sport and are more concerned about stuff like these hearings in regards to all of the violations and all that. They don't show up to events, just to collect a paycheck. I can tell you right now I'd be involved if I were a commissioner.

If you were a commisioner.

You'd get nothing for doing your job right.

People would offer you praise, money, trips, free stuff for doing your job poorly.

·
The Title Guy
17,645 Posts
Yeah I'd rather have my integrity and get none of all that bribery perks then take it all and possibly get convicted for bribery which can be up to prison time.

·
Premium Member
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Have you seen internet influencers taking trips all over the world, living beyond their means & wondered how they can afford it on a modest college student budget?

Now you know.

Prison time? Its such a common practice in politics, business, etc. Its standardized.

·
The Title Guy
17,645 Posts
That sounds more like endorsements they bribery. Anyone can take money from someone on the condition they endorse that company. I've seen in from many of my favorites like Matthew Santoro, Rob Gavagan, Generation Tech, Wendover Productions, and many others.

·
Premium Member
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lobbying, endorsements and bribery are all kind of sort of the same thing.

There used to be harsher restrictions on all of those things which have been rolled back and abolished over the past 20+ years.

·
The Title Guy
17,645 Posts
Well it depends on what you're talking about. Bribes are a crime because a public official is accepting a payment to make a decision.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts