Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No Disrespect towards Stefen Bonnar but why bother putting him against Griffin at this stage now he has lost to Yawn Evans, it has taken the anticipation out of the fight for me now, get Evans in there instead ir somebody else.
Bonnar needs to reestablish himself with 2-3 fights, let Griffin fight someone else for now, i want to see both at their best with a straight series of wins behind Bonnar etc to build up the fight and expectations , WE ARE NOT gonna get the same war as before lets face it.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Grotty said:
No Disrespect towards Stefen Bonnar but why bother putting him against Griffin at this stage now he has lost to Yawn Evans, it has taken the anticipation out of the fight for me now, get Evans in there instead ir somebody else.
Bonnar needs to reestablish himself with 2-3 fights, let Griffin fight someone else for now, i want to see both at their best with a straight series of wins behind Bonnar etc to build up the fight and expectations , WE ARE NOT gonna get the same war as before lets face it.
I DONT KNOW WHY ALL YOU GUYS DONT WANNA SEE THIS FIGHT..IT WAS AN INSANE FIRST FIGHT WITH A CONTROVERSIAL DECISION..I DONT SEE IT BEING MUCH DIFFERENT..EXPECT A STAND UP WAR AND IT EXPECT IT TO BE CLOSE AND IT SHOULD GO THE DISTANCE..WAHT MORE CAN YOU ASK FOR

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It could be redemption for Bonnar but what does Griffin stand to gain winning now Bonnar has lost?, Griffin is in my opinion treading water with this fight-
he wins everyone says Bonnar isnt at his best etc etc etc
he loses oh well back to the drawing board
Apart from money for the fighter whats the incentive?

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Grotty said:
It could be redemption for Bonnar but what does Griffin stand to gain winning now Bonnar has lost?, Griffin is in my opinion treading water with this fight-
he wins everyone says Bonnar isnt at his best etc etc etc
he loses oh well back to the drawing board
Apart from money for the fighter whats the incentive?
I AGREE WITH YOU ON THAT, FORREST IS SUPPOSED TO WIN, HE GETS NOTHING BY WINNING..I GUESS YOU GOTTA LOOK AT THE FACT THAT FORREST DID LOSE HIS LAST FIGHT, SO I GUESS HE GOTTA GET ANOTHER WIN B4 HES CONSIDERED A CONTENDER..AND BONNAR IS IN TROUBLE IF HE LOSES THIS FIGHT

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didnt see the Ortiz fight as a notable loss, Tito is still a class above Griffin but the fight was a good measure of the True potential of Griffins ability to adapt and learn, lets face it win lose or draw Tito does usually fight well and push his opponents abilities.
Anyway we all want to see Griffin develop and eventually fight Chuck , as Griffin once said" it would be a good fight while it lasted", and we all like a tear up between two stand up warriors.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
It Would Be An Exciting Fight..but I Think It Would Look Alot Like Chuck Vs Vernon White..2 Good Strikers Slugging It Out But One Striker Is Superior..chuck Would Ko Forrest In Round 2

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
I think I would rather see Bonnar vs. Griffin 2 than ****ing Evans vs. Griffin. I don't wanna see Evans "fight" ever again. Bonnar vs Griffin 2 is going to happen for lots of good reasons why do some of you not understand? The UFC schedules fights to where they would make the most possible money from them. Griffin vs Bonnar 2 is going to appeal to all the "noobs" that just watch TUF and maybe UFC Unleashed because that's the fight that they wanna see more than anything. I'm not a big fan of TUF but I thought the first fight was fantastic and I don't see this one being any different. I'm surprised that most of you question why they pick certain fighters to fight. It's all about the money guys. The fighters get more money if they put on a great show and that's why Bonnar is going to give it his all like last time and collect his check so he can buy more women. Forrest gives it his all in every fight so I see this being a great fight.

Next time your wondering why a certain fight is happening, think about it from a business standpoint. Sure neither fighter will benefit from this fight (Bonnar vs Griffin 2) but the UFC and Zuffa certainly will...

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
I hate to say it but Stephan Bonnar doesn't deserve this match. I was bored to tears when he was fighting Rashad Evans and he didn't bring his A game when he was facing Keith Jardine. Its like he lost that killer instinct he had when he fought Forrest the first time. Regardless, I hope Bonnar brings his A game and wins this fight because I would like him to succeed in this sport.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think you misunderstnd wouldlov2fightu , i dont disagree its a money spinner but it would of been far more attratctive if Bonnar had not lost, there is no guarantee the fight will be as good(no 6 figure deal with this fight), and if Griffin had to raise his profile but he doesnt regardless of the loss to Ortiz.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
Grotty said:
I think you misunderstnd wouldlov2fightu , i dont disagree its a money spinner but it would of been far more attratctive if Bonnar had not lost, there is no guarantee the fight will be as good(no 6 figure deal with this fight), and if Griffin had to raise his profile but he doesnt regardless of the loss to Ortiz.

Yea you're right about there being no guarantee that it will be a good fight. I sure hope it is though:D! But I think this fight was made only to attract more of the newer UFC viewers who usually don't watch anything more than TUF or UFC Unleashed and don't buy the PPV's cause they're only interested in what's on SpikeTV. They've already got the main event for all the loyal and veteran UFC viewers- Chuck Liddell vs. Babalu. A lot of you think this match is going to suck but you aren't giving Babalu enough credit. He has a really good chance of winning this which would be a huge upset which makes for an interesting fight in my opinion.

So you've got the main event which is aimed towards the normal to extreme UFC fans like most of us.

And then you've got the co-main event which is aimed towards the rookie fans who don't always watch PPV

That way the only demographic not purchasing the PPV are the ones who just aren't interested in the UFC or MMA in general.

At least that's my theory and it makes perfect sense to me. :)

Edit:
But yea, I agree it would be even better had Stephan won his last fight. But still won't make too much of a difference for some people.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.