Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I first registered at Sherdog over a year ago. They banned me when I made a thread about Brock Lesnar's illness being a marketing ploy. Ok, I can understand why that may have been outlandish.

So I register a new name, start posting. Over 950 posts later, I made a thread about possibly getting a subforum for meet ups for people who can't afford PPV's or just want to gather. The admin says "I'm in" then promptly bans me and tells me to take my ridiculous, trolling ideas elsewhere. So I register a new name to ask about this ban here: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f19/why-ban-drunken-meat-fist-1203302/ As you might read, the guy is clearly on something or just out of his mind. I had the one ban before for a bad judgement call and that's it, not "50 thousand prior bans."

So I'm just fed up with them, typed in mma forum in google, and decided to register here. I hope to find a better experience. :)

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
You won't get banned for idiotic reasons like that. Whatever your view, as long as it's written in a decent manner people here (most.. not all :D ) will respond in kind.

This forum is far better than Sherdog, in a million different ways. Enjoy your stay here :)

·
Roll Tide Roll
7,603 Posts
I have no experience in sherdog but I can speak about this site...The people here are strong on their ideas and may fire up arguments but its all in good fun and no body will hang you out to dry for having a different view ...And about the brock thing Im pretty sure the same topic was brought up here with no negative out come...ITS AN OPINION lol and as long as you dont lash out at members your pretty set here so ENJOY!!!!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Sherdog is full of nazi moderators. At least here you can post without having to worry about getting banned for not liking a certain fighter lol. Welcome to the forums.

·
Administrator
15,546 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

You will enjoy your stay much more here than on Sherdog, I can assure you that.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the staff.

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
Sherdog is mostly a bunch of mediocre fans giving there unthoughtful mindless comments, and usually go to all the threads about fighters they hate to give there pointless Argumentative comment to stir up shit...

I was a member of sherdog and wasted enough thousands of posts before i got lucky and found a forum where Most of all the people know about MMA....

Edit: O and welcome to MMA Forum !

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
Welcome to the forum! As everyone else has stated, you will have a much better experience here. Sherdog is mostly trolls. We are open to suggestions as well.

Enjoy your time here! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
As a first post, I'd like to say my route. Got into mma about a year ago, joined the UFC forum (dont go there its just a bunch of idiots), left for that reason, heard how giant sherdog is, so went there, got banned twice for no reason lol about a month ago (that hunt for the higher belt really gets addictive its crazy) lol. and now im here via google search "mma forum" lol and hopefully to stay :)

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
War Unnecessary Banning!!

Welcome, btw.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Can honestly say I have never even visited Sherdog, when I decided I wanted to find an MMA forum I knew of none so like you typed MMA forum in goggle and found this place, only reason I have even heard of Sherdog now is because I have seen it mentioned here.

Anyway even now I have no interest in visiting Sherdog because this place more than satisfies my need to discuss MMA, I find loads of useful info here from many good people who post and lots of topics I like to discuss, and if you where likely to get banned here for having some different opinions to the majority then I would of been out ages ago

Welcome to the Forum.

·
WIDE OPEN
3,973 Posts
good old google + the genius idea to call this place mma+forum snags another one!

I can not believe how much better this place is than Sherdog. Ughhhhh I've never been a member there, I always got a headache trying to read through ANY thread, and I haven't graced them with a 'hit' in well over a year now!

I remember when I first started visiting here, you couldn't even mention that name, but now it doesn't so much matter because we all know the stigma involved with even posting there.

Welcome ! you will like it here, as long as you keep those cocamame ideas to yourself...... :)

EDIT: Welcome to both of you!

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Welcome to MMA Forum, best spot regarding MMA on the net... often imitated...never duplicated.. not by a long shot.

Enjoy..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.