Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Homicidal Maniac
6,197 Posts
actually a good vid kinda of cool seeing everyones views,

like I said I surprisingly really liked the first few rounds esspecially him immatating other champions and fighters ect (which usually i dont, but i always dislike the whole playing it super safe way of fighting if you know you have the fight one, i could see doing it for the last 2 minutes of the 5th round just to make sure you dont get hit with a last minute desperate last ditch effort from the other fighter but to do it for 2 and a half rounds is stupid.)

·
Registered
545 Posts
The people that thought that the showboating was a bit much I can understand that. But for those, especially Tyson, talking about how he should have went in there and fought.....what fight did they watch? Anderson initiated the 1st 3 rounds, and I mean ALL the action of the 1st 3 rounds. Then granted he coasted the last 2 but really though why is Maia getting a pass for his running the first 3 rounds. Like M_D said he did some impressions of some other fighters and the last 2 rounds he did an impression of what Maia did for the first 3 rounds. Anderson has giving some masterful performances and alot of excitement to the fans so he really should not be having this kind of reaction as if this is the norm for him.

Oh and to Tyson Griffin, isn't moving up in weight class the definition of TESTING yourself....damn garden Nome!

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
There are a lot of good points made, but I think you can also see a lot of the disdain flowing out of Extreme Couture after the Forrest Griffin destruction (which I can't blame them, I'm sure Forrest is everyone's best friend in that gym). Most of these guys sound like they didn't watch anything but the last two rounds.

·
Psychedelic
891 Posts
There are a lot of good points made, but I think you can also see a lot of the disdain flowing out of Extreme Couture after the Forrest Griffin destruction (which I can't blame them, I'm sure Forrest is everyone's best friend in that gym). Most of these guys sound like they didn't watch anything but the last two rounds.
I don't think so, Silva beat Forrest fair and square. There was no showboating and Silva performed the most impossible, silly, amazing KO Iv'e ever seen.

The only reason they could distain Silva for that is for beeing a much better fighter then Forrest. I really don't think they would sink that low.

(I still hate Silva for all that crap he pulled during the Maia fight)

·
WIDE OPEN
3,973 Posts
I don't think so, Silva beat Forrest fair and square. There was no showboating and Silva performed the most impossible, silly, amazing KO Iv'e ever seen.

The only reason they could distain Silva for that is for beeing a much better fighter then Forrest. I really don't think they would sink that low.

(I still hate Silva for all that crap he pulled during the Maia fight)
There was actually! He just happened to finish him early enough that no one noticed :)

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
Yeah Silva RJJed Forrest it was completely acceptable showboating though. Really most of these guys are just jealous that Silva is so much better than them. Stop player hating it makes you look like a chump.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts