Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i mean anderson silva i think is more technical and more agile But i think fedor would just flip Him over and GNP him.. hes bigger stronger... everyones beatable even muhammed ali lost mike tyson lost the greats In boxing i mean If fedor sticks around for 2-3 more years wins a few more big fights retires then yea hes an ATG possibly Greatest of all time. But if he sticks around too Long Im sure someone will come along and beat Fedor... Its just nature You cant be on top for ever. Someone will come along and dethrone Him unless he retires Just in time

·
Banned
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why do you always make threads like this?

Anyone can't beat Fedor, his groundgame is too weak and his standup is overrated.
bwuahahahah what? His ground game is weak and his stand Up is overrated??? LMFAO BWUAHAHAHAHA whys he 30-1 then? Why did he Beat cro cop and why did he KO arlofsvki and why did he smash just about everyone he fought? Fedor is the best man hes the prime mike tyson of MMA man

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
in about 3 years, this young prospect outta cali could give Fedor all kinds of problems. believe it.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Fedor is an amazing fighter, but without him being in the toughest promotion around (the UFC), I don't really see him losing any time soon. The fact of the matter is that Strikeforce has some great fighters, but they don't have the greatest fighters, and without Fedor fighting them, his wins (recently and what I sense is going to happen in teh future) ring a little bit hollow. Don't get me wrong, I think he's incredibly good and could easily give any HW fighter in the UFC a hard time (to say the least), but without actually fighting against them, its hard to tell how great he really is. If he stays with M1 and in Strikeforce for the rest of his fighting days than he'll finish his career as potentially the greatest HW fighter of all time, but I know I'll have certain reservations.

·
Banned
525 Posts
Any of the top heavyweights in the UFC will beat Fedor. Fedor isn't that big and strong compared to them. In fact, Fedor would have to cut to 205 to be successful in the UFC. I don't know why everyone says he is such a monster when he is a small heavyweight that could probably make 205 if he tried. He's solid, but he's not slender and cut. Granted his skills do make him a monster, but physically he is tiny compared to the UFC monsters.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
bwuahahahah what? His ground game is weak and his stand Up is overrated??? LMFAO BWUAHAHAHAHA whys he 30-1 then? Why did he Beat cro cop and why did he KO arlofsvki and why did he smash just about everyone he fought? Fedor is the best man hes the prime mike tyson of MMA man
I was talking about Anyone...

Btw, this topic is so redundant it hurts...

·
Banned
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any of the top heavyweights in the UFC will beat Fedor. Fedor isn't that big and strong compared to them. In fact, Fedor would have to cut to 205 to be successful in the UFC. I don't know why everyone says he is such a monster when he is a small heavyweight that could probably make 205 if he tried. He's solid, but he's not slender and cut. Granted his skills do make him a monster, but physically he is tiny compared to the UFC monsters.
dude... fedor would Knock brock lesnar the F*CK out and we all know that. UFC STRIKEFORCE so what fedor would beat frank mir, dos santos, brock fedor would smash these guys man size isnt everything thats why fedor is Ranked #1 p4p in MMA for a reason. I hope fedor signs with the ufc so he can clean house over there

·
Registered
118 Posts
I was talking about Anyone...

Btw, this topic is so redundant it hurts...

then dont post in here, asshole.

in answer to the thread, Fedor IS the greatest MMA fighter of all time. at heavyweight anyone can be beaten with one lucky Hasim Rachman punch, but Fedor remains unbeaten. Id say he's past his best now, but whatever happens from now on in, he remains the greatest fighter this planet has ever produced

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Outside of Rob Emerson?

No.

·
Registered
121 Posts
fedor alredy proved he can dominate the big guys..as for power, in my opinion only brock lesnar is physicaly stronger then him but not as much as you think, he is stronger when it comes to size, no doubt in that but strenght doesn't come just from size, what you're forgetting is mental power and that's where fedor is 10 times stronger then lesnar..and one more thing, the bigger guy ain't always the stronger one, i've noticed that when fedor fought rogers in the beginning of the fight he dropped rogers on the floor like he was nothing..and we all know that rogers weights as much as lesnar, so yeah fedor's strenght is a bit underrated by ufc fans or anyone else who doesn't like the guy..but all in all, i know what's this all about..everyone who disslikes fedor will start jappin about how scared he is of ufc or "you can't count on his wins over nogueira or crocop or whatever cus we all seen how ufc fighters handled those" but you do know that nogueira and crocop in their prime would make current ufc top HW contenders look like fools back then right? What i'm saying is that fedor had way harder work beating nogueira and crocop back then, then mir, velasquez etc have today so you can't diss fedor that way..anyway, i just hope the guy actually comes to ufc, beats the hell out top 5 hw's and what's most important, shut you guys up cus you been japping too much lately, peace!

·
Registered
659 Posts
In a HW division anyone can beat anyone with one fortunate punch. Look at McCall vs. Lenox Lewis. It can and will happen. I don't think Grim is better than AA but he caught him and it was lights out. So anyone CAN beat Fedor but you have to catch him just right. Meanwhile he will try to catch you and if you grapple he is the best in the world at it.

I think currently only JDS would pose a threat to him. I do not think Brock is nearly as good at stand up as Fedor and if he bull rushed him, I think Fedor would counter with either ***** or strikes.

Mir would get subbed or KOd

Same for Carwin

Cain would get taken down and subbed

But JDS has ridiculous takedown defense and is ultra quick and deadly with his strikes, he could give Fedor a run and may actually be better.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
I think Overeem would have a good shot. Fedor's looked in a little bit of trouble against high level technical striking (was losing the fight against Arlovski until Arlovski's idiotic flying knee attempt), and Overeem has very good K-1 level Kickboxing. Overeem's also a genuine 265lb'er with a good grappling background, which would mean Fedor shouldn't be able to implement his *****/Judo throws as effectively as he uses them against the smaller HW's. I still think Fedor would win the fight, but I certainly think Overeem poses an interesting threat to Fedor.

Agree with the shouts regarding JDS too, I see him as the most promising HW talent in the world, with the most proficient striking of any HW in the world. Would be a sick fight between him and Fedor that's for sure.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
I think Overeem would have a good shot. Fedor's looked in a little bit of trouble against high level technical striking (was losing the fight against Arlovski until Arlovski's idiotic flying knee attempt), and Overeem has very good K-1 level Kickboxing. Overeem's also a genuine 265lb'er with a good grappling background, which would mean Fedor shouldn't be able to implement his *****/Judo throws as effectively as he uses them against the smaller HW's. I still think Fedor would win the fight, but I certainly think Overeem poses an interesting threat to Fedor.
oh plz dont be one of those guys.... Overroids cant even beat elite LHWs and now ppl are saying he gonna beat Fedor..... another hyped up waste of a fight.

Overrem will lose to Rogers.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
oh plz dont be one of those guys.... Overroids cant even beat elite LHWs and now ppl are saying he gonna beat Fedor..... another hyped up waste of a fight.

Overrem will lose to Rogers.
Didn't say he'd beat Fedor, just that he has the tools to give him a good fight. He's a very good K-1 level Kickboxer, a genuine 265lb'er (irrespective of the rumours as to how he got to that weight) and has a solid grappling background. Should he get past Rogers, I think he'd give Fedor a good fight.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Fedor is definatly beatable but we don't know by who. There are many interesting challenges still. Fabricio Werdum brings the very interesting fact that he is a vastly superior to anybody Fedor has fought from a grappling perspective since he fought Arona when they were both rookie fighters. Guys like Josh Barnette and Jeff Monson also bring a huge threat especially if they were to get Fedor down since they are two of the better top game grappler's in MMA. On the UFC side you have Lesnar obviously as the most physically gifted fighter in the sport. You have Velasquez whose overall mma game is vastly superior to wrestlers like Coleman or Randleman and whose wrestling is superior as well. JDS is still a bit of a question mark but Rogers did prove Fedor can be hurt as he messed up Fedor's face and JDS is a much faster more accurate striker. Frank Mir is always a threat to anyone. Carwin is a monsters but I am not sure how much more he offers than Rogers did. That answer is yeas sombody can beat him but who will do it is much harder to answer.

·
Registered
736 Posts

Agree with the shouts regarding JDS too, I see him as the most promising HW talent in the world, with the most proficient striking of any HW in the world. Would be a sick fight between him and Fedor that's for sure.
Co-signed.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.