Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why Does Everyone Who Watches Mma Hate Tim Sylvia..i Dont Really Like Him Either And I Dont Know Why..he Even Lives Like 75 Miles From Me And Has The Same Awful Accent That I Do, And I Still Dont Really Like Him..ill Give Him Credit He Is A Very Good Fighter, Hes Beaten Alot Of Tough Guys, And Hes Probably The 5th Best Heavyweight In The World And People Still Knock Him Because Hes Not Fedor..noone Is Fedor So We Goota Stop Comparing This Poor Guy To Him And Realize Hes The Best We Got In The Ufc And Desreves Our Respect!

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
I wouldn't say he is the best we have in the UFC. I don't hate him but I don't like him either. And yes stop comparing him to Fedor, there is no one that can be compared to him. I hope Monson beats his ass.

·
Registered
540 Posts
becasue he's not that good he just has a lot of reach. if your fighting a guy whos 6'8 its always gonna be a tough fight. The fact that he was tested positv for sterioids made me loose respect for him as a fighter(even though that was a while back). He may be the coolest guy in real life but I dont like him very much as a fighter. I wouldnt go far enought to say that I hate him as a fighter becasue hes had a few good fights but the UFC overrates him and Rashad Evans IMO.

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
He isn't that good that's why. He fight's dorks. Arloski broke his foot in there last match so he would've killed him. He also has had some boring fight's. asserio was a shitty fight. He is just a really big guy. that's it.

·
The American Psycho
6,945 Posts
jdun11 said:
Why Does Everyone Who Watches Mma Hate Tim Sylvia..i Dont Really Like Him Either And I Dont Know Why..he Even Lives Like 75 Miles From Me And Has The Same Awful Accent That I Do, And I Still Dont Really Like Him..ill Give Him Credit He Is A Very Good Fighter, Hes Beaten Alot Of Tough Guys, And Hes Probably The 5th Best Heavyweight In The World And People Still Knock Him Because Hes Not Fedor..noone Is Fedor So We Goota Stop Comparing This Poor Guy To Him And Realize Hes The Best We Got In The Ufc And Desreves Our Respect!
Other then the fact that he treated us with a slapfest with Silva and Arloveski, the man has got a real ego trip going on. Its like if your not him or Matt Hughes then you are nothing as a fighter.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea he is a cocky bastard, maybe thats why i dont like him, i dunno..ill be rooting for him against monson, because monson is garbage..he has lost to every good fighter hes faught

·
Registered
428 Posts
Silvia is a tough match up for Monson. But I hope Monson wins. I just can't stand watching Silvia lumber around the ring with his stupid legs and goofy feet. I'm pretty sure that's the reason nobody likes him.......either that or he's just to predictible/boring ;-)

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
ppl just talk shit b.c there safe behind a computer screen , noone would say any of the shit they say to Tims face i can guarantee that

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Punishment 101 said:
ppl just talk shit b.c there safe behind a computer screen , noone would say any of the shit they say to Tims face i can guarantee that
thats where you're wrong. Some people actually would. Myself, I would tell him right to his face that I dont like him because he uses steroids and is a cheater. (Not trying to be a tough guy or anything, but its the truth.) What is he going to do? Knock out a 21 year old kid for telling the truth?

I dont like him for that very reason, I have no respect for anyone who does that crap, even if they do admit to it.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CTFlyingKnee said:
thats where you're wrong. Some people actually would. Myself, I would tell him right to his face that I dont like him because he uses steroids and is a cheater. (Not trying to be a tough guy or anything, but its the truth.) What is he going to do? Knock out a 21 year old kid for telling the truth?

I dont like him for that very reason, I have no respect for anyone who does that crap, even if they do admit to it.
HE PROBABLY WOULDNT PUNCH YOU OUT BUT I STILL DONT THINK YOU WOULD DO IT..BARNETT GOT CAUGHT JUICIN AND NOONE HATES HIM..STEROIDS ARE ALOT MORE PREVELENT IN MMA THAN WE ALL THINK... SO I DONT HATE HIM FOR THAT..HE MIGHT HAVE BEEN JUICIN TO GET HIM THROUGH AN INJURY , NOONE KNOWS THE CIRCUMSTANCES BEHIND IT..THATS WHY I DONT HATE HIM FOR THAT..I DONT HATE HIM OR LIKE HIM, BUT IM STARTING TO RESPECT HIM

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
well I would tell him that.....I wouldnt be a **** about and cuss him out or anything lol, Id be as nice as possible and tell him. I'm sure hes heard alot worse in his day. My detest for cheaters extends outside of MMA, Bonds, Landis etc...

·
Registered
669 Posts
Theres alot of big fighters that aren't that good.

Look at Dan Mcgee and Brad Imes.

They're pretty freakin huge and they haven't fought in a long while.

I think Monsons going to win, i like his fighting style alot for the simple fact he's an animal. He goes out there and throws everything hes got. Wrestling, Stand up, submission he can do it all.

Might not have sylvia's reach but he's got really good take downs.

last post i'll make for a bit now, i get to have my teeth pulled lol

for some reason im more nervious now then i am when i fight lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
Rashad Evans

MMA1990 said:
.....but the UFC overrates him and Rashad Evans IMO.
Rashad Evans definitely has potential. He has tremendous strength, heart and determination. All he needs is ground and finishing skills. If he will find someone with these attributes to take him under their wing, he will continue to be successful and be a true contender.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
enoeht said:
Rashad Evans definitely has potential. He has tremendous strength, heart and determination. All he needs is ground and finishing skills. If he will find someone with these attributes to take him under their wing, he will continue to be successful and be a true contender.
heart?:dunno: ill give u stregnth and athleticism, but i dunno if he has heart, lets wait til he fights someone good and gets cut, we'll know than how much heart he got

·
Registered
222 Posts
I give credit where I feel it is due. Sylvia beat an excellent fighter (AA) to become the Champion, I did not think he could do it and he did it. Everyone has a past and the fact that Sylvia once took steroids is unfortunate but I think hating him for that mistake makes one look a bit self righteous and holy than thou, I mean really, who likes cheaters? It sort of makes one look like a master of the obvious to say he should not have taken them. I don;t like Sylvia's fighting style but it gets the job done for him so why change it? I tend to like more well rounded fighters like Fedor, AA, Nogeuria.

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
I don't hate Tim because he used steroids and I like Barnett even though he juiced up also. I think people like Barnett even after he used roids because the UFC kick him out. People hate Tim because he was also busted but nothing happened to him.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am pretty sur.....

jdun11 said:
heart?:dunno: ill give u stregnth and athleticism, but i dunno if he has heart, lets wait til he fights someone good and gets cut, we'll know than how much heart he got
I am pretty sure that you and I disagree on everything. Every time I post something, you post something completely opposite. I am not sure what that is about, but okay.

Heart: the courage to carry on. That is what I mean when I say heart. When a fighter is completely exhausted and he makes the decision to carry on, it can be said that that man has heart. Further, I am not sure what you meant when you wrote "lets wait til he fights someone good and gets cut". A fighter doesn't have to get cut to prove he has heart. When Rashad Evans fought Brad Imes he showed me had heart.

·
The American Psycho
6,945 Posts
enoeht said:
I am pretty sure that you and I disagree on everything. Every time I post something, you post something completely opposite. I am not sure what that is about, but okay.

Heart: the courage to carry on. That is what I mean when I say heart. When a fighter is completely exhausted and he makes the decision to carry on, it can be said that that man has heart. Further, I am not sure what you meant when you wrote "lets wait til he fights someone good and gets cut". A fighter doesn't have to get cut to prove he has heart. When Rashad Evans fought Brad Imes he showed me had heart.
Agreed. Taking on Heavyweights is not easy. The only complaint I have about this guy is that he cannot finish a fight. He can get them on the ground but cannot put them in a submission.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Exactly

Bonnar426 said:
Agreed. Taking on Heavyweights is not easy. The only complaint I have about this guy is that he cannot finish a fight. He can get them on the ground but cannot put them in a submission.
Exactly. Like I said in an earlier post, if Rashad can get someone to take him under their wing for a while and teach him submissions and finishing techniques, he will be a true contender.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts