Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Do you see a day when MMA may become an olympic event?

• Yes

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 59.5%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
i hope not anytime soon

Usa would get whooped..i dont wanna see that happen on the World Stage

·
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
2,458 Posts
Ramp36 said:
Yes but with a lot of rules. It would be awesome to see. If they have ballroom dancing MMA should be in there.

it will happen.. especially with how quickly it is growing...

look at Boxing.. Karate... Judo.. all Olympic sports wo why not MMA>?

i been telling my feriends this for a while.. i hope it happens

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would love it but no way, the Olympic Commitee (sp?) would never allow something full contact like MMA. I mean, think about it, they don't have Muay Thai/Kickboxing. If they had MMA there would have to be knee pads, elbow pads and foot pads and head gear to make up for the smaller gloves, lol, that'd be ridiculous.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I agree they'd add in a bunch of safety stuff, they'll also rename it. By the time there done, it'll be so safe you might as well watch gymnastics....

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
liveson777 said:
Usa would get whooped..i dont wanna see that happen on the World Stage
I dont think any country would beat the USA right now except Brazil.

I think it could be an olympic sport but like everyone else I think it would be boringly safe.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
you would also need a country to push for it being entered in as an olympic sport and i dont see any country with power really caring enough to do so even then you would need other countrys to argee with it i really dont see it happening

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not a chance in gods green earth does it ever become a olympic sport. There are to many pussies in the world and the rich snobs who run the olympics would never let this happen. Hell they don't even let them play real hockey in the olympics.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Pancration was the first olympic sport in greece in the first few olympics a long, long time ago. It was even more brutal than mma. People died often. Nowdays, they would never let it in.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
pt447 said:
uh Russia!!!:(
I actually I retract my previous statement. I think the USA would win it all! Brazil has a deeper pool of fighters but the USAs best fighters are more spread out throught the weight classes. Assuming it was like a dual meet with one fighter from each weight fighting I think the US would win.

LW-Shean Sherk vs Marcus Aurelio
WW-Matt Hughes vs Royler Gracie
MW- Dan Henderson vs Paulo Filho
LHW-Chuck Liddell vs Wanderlei Silva
HW-Josh Barnett vs Nog

It could go either way but I see the US taking it

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
asskicker said:
I actually I retract my previous statement. I think the USA would win it all! Brazil has a deeper pool of fighters but the USAs best fighters are more spread out throught the weight classes. Assuming it was like a dual meet with one fighter from each weight fighting I think the US would win.

LW-Shean Sherk vs Marcus Aurelio
WW-Matt Hughes vs Royler Gracie
MW- Dan Henderson vs Paulo Filho
LHW-Chuck Liddell vs Wanderlei Silva
HW-Josh Barnett vs Nog

It could go either way but I see the US taking it
us would take WW and MW with those match ups but the rest i would give to brazil and why wouldnt you give brazil anderson silva to fight dan henderson

1 - 20 of 28 Posts