Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
'Man of Stone'
430 Posts
At that BF% you wont be going down a weight class unless you are within maybe 8-10 pounds and just wanna cut water weight. Its possible to cut the 7 to get down to 155 with a suit, not eating and drinking distilled water. The only time you would want to do this is before a fight just to weigh in though. Honestly I would stick around 160-162 if that is a natural weight for you and just cut down pre fight if needed. Your only other option is gaining 8 pounds of muscle which wont come fast if you want to stay at that BF%. I am not sure what your diet or workouts look like to point you in the right direction but first would want to know how bad you want to fight as a lightweight vs welterweight.

I personally am a natural 170lb so it makes it pretty easy for myself...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I think that you should go for a daily walk and also try to do regular exercise, try to drink one or two glasses of water before every meals you eat, this will make you feel more full and so you won't eat so much, and you can also try to do yoga, as it really help you to loss your weight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.