Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got back into training mma since i broke some bones, got a bad concussion, and some other minor injuries from a snowboarding accident. Once i was back to normal done therapy and ready to train i was then told i had to get my wisdom teeth out. I am now all better and ready to train again, but my cadio isn't as great as it once was.

I was wondering what kind of routine i should set up to get my cadio back. I have an eliptical, a treadmill, skipping ropes, and a stationary bike. I heard good things about the eliptical, so i was skipping and using the eliptical alot when not at the gym before all of my injuries. I would normally stretch, skip for awhile, then hit up the eliptical.

Does anyone know a good routine i could use to make my cardio better?

·
Registered
101 Posts
If your looking to get your fitness back up for MMA then I would suggest doing some intervals. Short bursts of high intensity followed by short rest periods such as a 30 second sprint on the treadmill followed by 30-60 seconds walking or jogging. Try getting outside and doing some sprint work or hill repeats as well.

www.resultsconditioning.com

·
Registered
101 Posts
The MMA conditioning programme is a group exercise class that is currently being run by fitness first in the UK in about 15 of their clubs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
MMA Conditioning Workouts

I recently got back into training mma since i broke some bones, got a bad concussion, and some other minor injuries from a snowboarding accident. Once i was back to normal done therapy and ready to train i was then told i had to get my wisdom teeth out. I am now all better and ready to train again, but my cadio isn't as great as it once was.

I was wondering what kind of routine i should set up to get my cadio back. I have an eliptical, a treadmill, skipping ropes, and a stationary bike. I heard good things about the eliptical, so i was skipping and using the eliptical alot when not at the gym before all of my injuries. I would normally stretch, skip for awhile, then hit up the eliptical.

Does anyone know a good routine i could use to make my cardio better?
Damn, sounds like you've had a brutal past! I admire you getting right back into training though, I'm sure you're touch as nails.

Check out www.bestmmatrainingworkouts.com for reviews of some great mma cardio and conditioning workouts. For the best cardio workouts, I definitely recommend either Eric Wong's Ultimate MMA Strength and Conditioning or, The Ultimate Weapon. Even though this one was mainly written for wreslters and grapplers, it has some of the best advice and workouts for cardio and conditioning you'll find ANYWHERE.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
314 Posts
This helps me alot:

Stationary bike 20 min, med to high setting
eliptical, 20 min, medium setting, 2 min "jog"/30sec. sprint, repeat
treadmill, med to hig setting, jack up the incline, speed to right before you need to jog, set the time for 20 min.

Do each one after the other.

The great thing about this workout is it won't kill your joints.

Have fun and welcome back to the game

1 - 6 of 6 Posts