Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
OK, this is all just a prediction (obviously) but this is how i see the Heavyweight division panning out of the next few months:

Brock - defeats Cain and JDS in quick succession to cement his place as the world number 1.

Cain - looses to Brock then fights the looser of the JDS V Nelson fight (Nelson)

JDS - Beats Nelson then looses to Brock

Carwin - defeats Mir in a rematch after the Noguiera fight, placing himself back in number one contender contention. Possibly fights the winner of Cain v Nelson (Cain) for new Number one Contender (winner=Carwin).

Mir - defeats Nog then looses rematch to Carwin then gets stuck fighting Gonzaga etc

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
OK, this is all just a prediction (obviously) but this is how i see the Heavyweight division panning out of the next few months:

Brock - defeats Cain and JDS in quick succession to cement his place as the world number 1.

Cain - looses to Brock then fights the looser of the JDS V Nelson fight (Nelson)

Carwin - defeats Mir in a rematch after the Noguiera fight, placing himself back in number one contender contention. Possibly fights the winner of Cain v Nelson (Cain) for new Number one Contender (winner=Carwin).

Mir - defeats Nog then looses rematch to Carwin then gets stuck fighting Gonzaga etc
I don't see a Carwin/Mir rematch. I don't think anyone really wants to see it. Carwin I think will take on loser of JDS/Nelson. I think if Mir beats Nog he will maybe fight the loser of Cain/Lesnar. If Carwin beats lets say Nelson, I think he gets a fight with JDS or Cain if they both lose a title match...2 wins and maybe Carwin gets another shot at Brock or whoever holds the belt.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I don't see a Carwin/Mir rematch. I don't think anyone really wants to see it. Carwin I think will take on loser of JDS/Nelson. I think if Mir beats Nog he will maybe fight the loser of Cain/Lesnar. If Carwin beats lets say Nelson, I think he gets a fight with JDS or Cain if they both lose a title match...2 wins and maybe Carwin gets another shot at Brock or whoever holds the belt.

Fair points. But i really do see a Mir v Carwin rematch being on the cards in the not too distant future. I actually think Mir would fare alot better aswell with a better gameplan.

In fact Mir would fare better with ANY other gameplan that doesnt come straight out of the Big Nog handbook on blocking punches with your face.

·
Registered
234 Posts

I like it! But you need to throw JDS vs Cain in there somewhere!

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
Who is next for Carwin? Will it be the winner of JDS v. Nelson?
I believe he'll get the re-match with Lesnar if he remains champ, or a shot at the new champ (Cain or JDS). He proved he was worthy of a shot with that ass beating he handed Brock. He deserves another shot so long as he works on his cardio.

·
Banned
75 Posts
I'm almost positive that Shane will get a re-match with Brock whether it is for the title or not. Personally, I see Lesnar being too large, and eventually overmatching a game Velasquez. Brock took a shot from arguably the hardest hitter in combat sports, and he survived. I'm pretty sure he will be able to survive Cain's striking.

We will find out alot about Junior in his fight with Roy. Roy is no slouch, and definitely a challenge for Dos Santos. We'll get to see his ground game tested out. If he can hang with Roy on the ground, I think he will do good against Lesnar.

I'm not sure I buy Carwin's story. The man was gassed. Bad. Had he not been so gassed he would have easily finished Lesnar in the early stages of the secound round. Stuffing Brock's takedowns in the first were huge, and if he really improved his cardio and hit Lesnar with a clean shot, I imagine he could handle not only Lesnar, but everyone in the division.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
I think Russow is the next obvious opponent for Carwin, tbh I am more interested in seeing Duffee's next fight than Russow's, I htink Duffee showed some real talent in that fight despite getting KO'ed, Duffee certainly deserves a way back into the mix, I think Duffee should get the looser of the Nelson/JDS fight, but despite the performance of Duffee in his last fight Russow should not be denied his victory right to progress onto a big co-main event fight with the likes of Carwin.

·
Banned
820 Posts
Yea, either winner Nog v Mir or loser JDS v Nelson.

·
Das Übermensch
7,633 Posts
Yea, either winner Nog v Mir or loser JDS v Nelson.
This. I'd personally like to see JDS versus Carwin more than any of the other match ups, but Cigano definitely deserves a title shot and I see him beating Nelson anyways.

·
Premium Member
12,900 Posts
I would love to watch Carwin vs Roy "Doughboy" Nelson. It would be very entertaining for me...lolz!

Can't wait to see JDS vs Cain, Carwin, then Brock down the road. Lotta matches out there.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts