Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a hard time deciding what Carwin should plan on doing when he fights Lesnar. We all know Lesnar is going to shoot for a TD and I am hoping Carwin can stop it. Though should Carwin go for a TD of his own since his ground and pound is clearly the best in the HW division and ends fights in about 5 seconds or should he try to keep the fight standing? What do you all think?

·
"I
6,923 Posts
Carwin is a big enough guy to be able to make Lesnar at least WORK for a TD even if he can't stop it. When Lesnar is working for it, Carwin needs to dirty box with him just like he did with Mir. Mir rocked Lesnar with that knee, so we know Lesnar can at least get rocked. Carwin needs to throw a couple of those big ass nasty uppercuts and Brock will go down eventually.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Those freakin uppercuts were brutal and violent. Lesnar won't be able to eat that. If I was Shane I think I would focus on standup, wrestling, and highlight it with take down defense getting ready for Lesnar. He only needs a couple seconds to flip the switch into violent mode with those punches.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
pretty simple plan.

dont get taken down.

he does that, he wins. Brock is as easy as that to beat. if you can stop the TD you win, Brock wont beat you standing unless you really bad standing like Randy.

Reactions: xeberus

·
Registered
639 Posts
pretty simple plan.

dont get taken down.
Easier said then done.

I'll go out on a limb and say Lesnar takes Carwin down :45 into the 1st. Lesnar pounds on him and gets to full mount. Carwin gives up his back. Lesnar def Carwin via RNC 4:30 1st round.

IMO, Cain or JDS will give Lesnar a run for his money not Carwin.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
JDS and Cain are bad asses, but I disagree. Both much smaller and lighter than Brock, less reach. It's going to take someone like Brock to beat Brock. I still think there should be another division between Lt Hvy and Hvy weight. Maybe 205 to 240. Let the Hvy's go to 300lb. Then these cats could put on more great shows for us and even fight for another belt. Brock will smother 230 pounders and hammer fist them.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Easier said then done.

I'll go out on a limb and say Lesnar takes Carwin down :45 into the 1st. Lesnar pounds on him and gets to full mount. Carwin gives up his back. Lesnar def Carwin via RNC 4:30 1st round.

IMO, Cain or JDS will give Lesnar a run for his money not Carwin.
I'm fairly certain Brock's arms are too big to ever sneak it in there for a RNC.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I still think there should be another division between Lt Hvy and Hvy weight. Maybe 205 to 240. Let the Hvy's go to 300lb. Then these cats could put on more great shows for us and even fight for another belt. Brock will smother 230 pounders and hammer fist them.
Couldn't agree more.

:thumbsup:

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
Couldn't agree more.

:thumbsup:
not enough big guys for that division and i dont see the need for it yet.

Because Frank Mir cant beat Lesnar or Carwin we need a new division??

u guys severely overrate Frank Mir. He isnt Fedor.

If Carwin and Lesnar both can easily beat JDS and Cain, lets talk about it then. Until then i dont really see this huge advantage. The size has both advantages and disadvantages, just Mir is not good enough to exploit the disadvantages in speed, cardio and standup.

·
You're Welcome.
7,723 Posts
pretty simple plan.

dont get taken down.

he does that, he wins. Brock is as easy as that to beat. if you can stop the TD you win, Brock wont beat you standing unless you really bad standing like Randy.
I think you may be underestimating Brock's hands. His stand up needs work from a technical standpoint, I'll give you that, but when Brock connects, people drop. Hell, they literally sometimes go flying. We saw it with Mir. We saw it with Herring. We saw it with Couture. And I have to believe that if he connects in his upcoming fight, we'll see it with Carwin. Brock Lesnar isn't exactly packing pillows. None of his opponents thus far could dodge that canned ham... but he's somehow easy to beat on the feet?

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
I think you may be underestimating Brock's hands. His stand up needs work from a technical standpoint, I'll give you that, but when Brock connects, people drop. Hell, they literally sometimes go flying. We saw it with Mir. We saw it with Herring. We saw it with Couture. And I have to believe that if he connects in his upcoming fight, we'll see it with Carwin. Brock Lesnar isn't exactly packing pillows. None of his opponents thus far could dodge that canned ham... but he's somehow easy to beat on the feet?
he has power but he doesnt so much KO ppl as push them over.

his GnP shots are definately remarkable.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
That division would have room for Cain, JDS, GG, NOG, Randy on and on hell even Kimbo. Then let the gates open on the HVY class 250 to 300lb. Sign Lashley, the world strong man dude "puddin", you'd have Lesnar, Carwin, and who else out there that can't drop to 265.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts