Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Don't Really Care

Votes: 22 30.6%
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Earthquake Survivor
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i wanted to do some work on photoshop plus i really want to vote for hate this guy after the Cote fight, maybe later ill update this post with the usual format and a unbiased write-up

Love-Hate away!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
It wasn't a spike on Cote.

Anyway, not sure how people can hate the guy. He's an exciting fighter and he gets better every time out.

·
CoutureCop
6,091 Posts
It wasn't a spike on Cote.

Anyway, not sure how people can hate the guy. He's an exciting fighter and he gets better every time out.
Oh, ok. Since you say it wasn't, then I must be wrong.:sarcastic12:

·
CoutureCop
6,091 Posts
He was dropped on his head
The only reason it wasn't the top of his head is because he turned his head. The danger to his neck/spine was still there.

And, just because the ref didn't rule it a spike has no bearing on whether or not he should have.

·
The American Dream
586 Posts
Technically a spike is when you piledrive the top of the opponents head on the mat. Belcher slammed him on his face. There is a difference.

That said, Love him definitely one of, if not is, my favorite fighter.

Reactions: dudeabides

·
CoutureCop
6,091 Posts
Technically a spike is when you piledrive the top of the opponents head on the mat. Belcher slammed him on his face. There is a difference.

That said, Love him definitely one of, if not is, my favorite fighter.
I'll respond one more time about this in this thread because I don't want to derail it, but what if Cote had not "looked up", thereby causing his face to hit the mat? He would have hit the top of his head. I don't think Cote's turning his head changes the direction of the slam or its intent.

·
The American Dream
586 Posts
I'll respond one more time about this in this thread because I don't want to derail it, but what if Cote had not "looked up", thereby causing his face to hit the mat? He would have hit the top of his head. I don't think Cote's turning his head changes the direction of the slam or its intent.
You are entitled to your opinion, while i disagree with it i respect it.

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
^ The above posts are refreshing after the past few days at MMAFORUM :D

I voted don't care. Like him as a fighter, but calling out Silva after the fight was cringey. His tattoo is horrendous. Loved his win over Gouveia.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
^ The above posts are refreshing after the past few days at MMAFORUM :D

I voted don't care. Like him as a fighter, but calling out Silva after the fight was cringey. His tattoo is horrendous. Loved his win over Gouveia.
I lol'ed so hard after the fight. I guess he's taking a page out of Sonnen's book. I think if Silva was to move up to LHW the MW division would appear so stacked and competitive with guys like Belcher, Belfort, Nate, Akiyama, Sonnen, Maia and Wandy. All worthy contenders against each other. But right now, yea, the way he was getting lit up by Cote, calling out Silva was just hilarious.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.