• Don't Really Care

Votes: 14 32.6%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Earthquake Survivor
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Paul Harris

Usually i don't have two trains running in the love-hate station's at the same time but i felt a bit inspired to do a piece on this particular fighter and it was that suplex on Jeremy Horn the thing that sealed the deal.

So with that said Paul Harris is taking a trip through the station and that kind of moves is one of the reasons some have really loved the guy, a wizard in the ground who's mean and explosive and has a fondness for leg locks, his striking has shown to be lacking but he throws some crazy (although yet not proven to be effective) kicks that can make some sort of a show.

The World's fiercest tree stump has ammased a 4-1 UFC record with submissions over Ivan Salaverry, Thomas Drwal and distant cousin Len Harris. The record is rounded with a dominant UD against long time veteran Jeremy Horn and a lone loss against former Pride 185 (kinda) and 205 champion.

Rousimar is a Murilo Bustamante BJJ black belt and trains with Brazilian Top Team, he's shown a lot of potential but can he reach the top? He's seemingly one step closer to it with a possible match up against former title contender Nate Marquardt, that's a victory that would put him very close to a title fight and a huge test on where his skills stands.

Regardless of skill, nationality or funny nicknames, this thread is about how everyone feels about this man so lets proceed with the votes.

Rousimar Palhares, Love or Hate?

Past Results

·
To the death George
2,306 Posts
haha i was like WTF, Paul Harris?

I hate the guy ever since he jacked Drwal's knee up, the guy was tapping like mad while the ref was trying to pull him off and he wouldnt let go, thats worse than still punching a guy after he's been KO'd IMO. The guy should be banned for life for doing nasty shit like that, people like that are very bad for the sport.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Even though he did hold onto the heel hook for a bit too long ( R.I.P Tomasz Drwal's knee ), It was still pretty awesome. The man is pretty good and has some decent wins over some tough veteran fighters. He's most likely fighting nate marqaurt at 118 when he comes off of suspension next which should be a tough test for him.

·
WIDE OPEN
3,973 Posts
hehehehehe I love when he is called Paul Harris.

I love the guy! After his fight with Henderson I have a ton of respect for the guy. I've enjoyed all of his fights, and was VERY impressed with his win over Jeremy Horn. I didn't think the "incident" in his last fight warranted a suspension at ALL. Sure, he torqued it, but he let go when the ref touched him. As crude as it may be to some, I'm confident he will be back breaking more limbs for our entertainment shortly.

SERIOUSLY. Who is going to have an easy time shaking this guy off as he gets better in the cage? He is already ridiculously comfortable looking in there.. With a frame and skillset like his I know I would be terrified to let him have wrist control for even a second.

Love him, Love him, Love him.

·
Banned
689 Posts
paul harris is the shit

·
Registered
643 Posts
Love him, how can you hate on a guy that has a half-inch between his eyebrows and hairline?!

As an aside, I like Damone's influence in this message board, how else do we get a neatly folded last name, or new diety?

·
To the death George
2,306 Posts
Wow, Cant believe most of you still like this guy after he has probably just ruined a guys career(and possibly life) intentionally. This guy is a thug and shouldnt be allowed in MMA IMO, I bet if he ruined a top fighters career it would be a totally different story but because its only Drwal you guys dont even care.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow, Cant believe most of you still like this guy after he has probably just ruined a guys career(and possibly life) intentionally. This guy is a thug and shouldnt be allowed in MMA IMO, I bet if he ruined a top fighters career it would be a totally different story but because its only Drwal you guys dont even care.
Hate him. DJ Syko is 100% correct but calling him Paul Harris is really funny.

·
Banned
689 Posts
Thought it looked like Tomasz Drwal had suffered a serious injury to his knee following a UFC 111 submission loss to Rousimar Palhares that saw Palhares crank a dangerous heel hook submission for an extra five seconds following Drwal's tapout, X-rays on the Polish star's have shown that there are no fractures in his knee or leg, meaning that he is halfway towards making a quicker recovery than initially anticipated.

Drwal, who was screaming in obvious pain in the middle of the Octagon just moments after the bout, will undergo MRI tests today on his knee to determine if there is any ligament or tendon damage. Both Drwal and his camp are hopeful that the nature of the injury is akin to a serious sprain and that there won't be a long layoff or need for surgery.

Palhares' extra few seconds of punishment drew the ire of UFC color commentator Joe Rogan, as well as the ire of the New Jersey State Athletic Control Board, who suspended Palhares for ninety days for the transgression. Palhares has apologized for the hold, stating that he never intended to hurt Drwal and that he was merely adhering to his camp's policy of holding a submission until the referee breaks the
hold.

nothing too bad there and the lytle/foster one was just as bad without the prolonged hold.

******race card lies in wait*******;)

·
official thrash metal connoisseur
3,329 Posts
love him.

been waiting for someone to reply to my Palahares sig request in the Graphics Showroom, but nothing yet.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.