Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Earthquake Survivor
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CD's Love-Hate Station: Shane Carwin (VOTE NOW, it takes a few seconds)

Big Nog:

Love him 63 - 87.50%
Hate him 1 - 1.39%
Don't really care 8 -11.11%

Cro-Cop

Love Him 54 - 78.26%
Hate Him 3 - 4.35%
Don't Really Care 12 - 17.39%

Fedor

Love Him 37 -78.72%
Hate Him 1 -2.13%
Don't Really Care 9 -19.15%

Lesnar

Love Him 32 - 42.67%
Hate Him 32 - 42.67%
Don't Really Care 11 - 14.67%

This Undefeated Heavy Handed Wrestler is the current number one contender to Lesnar's HW title, he has been victorious all 11 times in his MMA career, finishing each bout in the first half of the first round 5 by submission and 6 by (T)KO.

He's also a 2 time All-American in Football, and 2 time runner up of the NCAA Div 2 heavyweight championship, also capturing said championship one time.

He's also an Engineer and has only recently began training full time, he holds a notable victory against Gabriel Gonzaga and is currently ranked as a Top 10 heavyweight.

So what will it be for big man Carwin, Love or Hate?

·
Earthquake Survivor
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come on, that has to be the biggest write-up i've done and i even included a pic =(

I didn't realize how impressive Carwin was before i did my Research, im starting to think he has a much better chance against Brock than i originally thought.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I mean sure he has some nice wins and I mean but really, what has he really shown us this far... Scrubs beating and flash KOS.

At this moment I don't really care.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Nice 'wins'? He has a nice win, over Gonzaga, not alot other than that. Hence why I voted 'don't really care'. Massively over-rated fighter, especially on these forums. Sure he's got heavy hands, but he's been rocked by almost all the guys he's fought in the UFC, even Neil Wain. His biggest asset, his boxing, has looked very stiff and sketchy early in all his fights, before he manages to get away from being rocked by guys with no killer instinct, then recovers and often knocks them out shortly after. Don't see him lasting long against Brock tbh.

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
I wish there was a "dislike" option.... but there isn't so I went with HATE!

Humble boy with a humble upbringing and humble parents with a humble work ethic and an overall very nice humble fellow...

·
Earthquake Survivor
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With the latest Lesnar news the match doesn't seem likely to happen any time soon.

What do you want to see from this man?

Carwin vs JDS?

Carwin vs Kongo/Mir?

Carwin vs Cain?

·
Earthquake Survivor
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry to double post, but only 2 days remaining in the poll somehow i must have screwed it up.

This needs a whole lot more votes so we can keep this statistically accurate for comparisons.

:p

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Im not a fan of his at all. He has to be the most overrated fighter in the UFC at the moment. On top of that, he doesnt strike me as someone that states his real opinions, he just says whatever he thinks a good guy is supposed to say. He comes off as very ingenuine and has been a complete hypocrite with his criticism of Lesnar.

·
Earthquake Survivor
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't really care about him tbh. I feel he has nothing more to offer then punching power. I may be wrong though, who knows?
He's kinda of a question mark with all his fights finishing quickly in the first, and a lot of those against subpar competition.

I'm interested on what he has to show against top tier competition, also he only recently started training full time, hopefully his standup will improve.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts