Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UFC middleweight number one contender, Chael Sonnen has made the outlandish claim that Brazilian superstar, Anderson Silva may be the man currently holding the belt, but he’s the best fighter in the division.

Speaking via UFC.com, Sonnen said:

“You can watch him walk into a weigh in and the place is silent. He doesn’t endear his fans and he pretends he doesn’t understand them. He doesn’t embrace the media, he pretends he doesn’t understand ‘em… And yeah, I’ve had conversations with Anderson, and he was a gentlemen. He was a really nice guy. At the same time, look, he’s a grown man with earrings. He’s a grown man with saggy pants, pink t-shirts and crooked hats. Go join a gang. Don’t get in the UFC. So if you wanna hang out as a street thug, go do it. But if you get in my way, I’m gonna run right over ya.”

“He’s the champion and I’m the best. He’s the champion of the weight class, I’m the best fighter in the weight class. I acknowledge he’s champion, he must acknowledge I’m the best. There’s some reason why he’s trying not to do this fight.”

Sonnen secured his shot at the title after putting impressive wins together over the likes of Yushin Okami and Nate Marquardt. Has his recent spurt in form seriously affected his thinking or could the Team Quest fighter be telling the truth?

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/2010/04/28/ufc-117-chael-sonnen-claims-silva-might-be-the-champ-but-he%E2%80%99s-the-best-in-the-division/

·
Registered
780 Posts
Inb4 race card.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
And the award for most delusional fighter in all of MMA goes to..... Chael Sonnen!!!

I have to admit though, he's pretty entertaining, though Anderson destroying him will be far more entertaining.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
We definitely need an aggregate 'Chael Sonnen Self-Promotion Thread' instead of a new one for each time he opens his mouth.

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
Who gives a ****? I mean at this rate I think he's going to beat Chuck Schumer with the most press conferences called. At first it was amusing, but now he's just turning into a dirty attention whore. As much as I want someone to humble AS a little bit, Chael is making me want AS to shut his mouth already.

Besides, him complaining about the way AS dresses, so what if his hat's crooked, so what if he has baggy pants? Would he be so quick to call GSP a thug?

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't understand how most of u guys like Sonnen because of the hype he is creating. Then hate Floyd Money Mayweather when he trash talks in the same way Sonnen is doing.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Don't understand how most of u guys like Sonnen because of the hype he is creating. Then hate Floyd Money Mayweather when he trash talks in the same way Sonnen is doing.
Somebody Somewhere likes Sonnon?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Prove it Chael!
I thought his trashtalking was funny, but every day he comes with the same stuff.
Kinda boring...
This one wasn't his strongest trash talking I agree, but I did like this part..

He’s the champion and I’m the best. He’s the champion of the weight class, I’m the best fighter in the weight class. I acknowledge he’s champion, he must acknowledge I’m the best.
War Sonnen

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And Mayweather is actually good.

Sonnen just sucks. Everyone knows this.
that is my issue tho, mayweather is a cocky sob and is none for it and backs it up.Sonnen on the other hand comes out with the trash talking out of nowhere even tho Ed Sores claism Sonnen is a nice guy and just creating hype. My problem is that Sonnen is fake, if he is a known trash talker that is fine but all this is out of the blue.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.