Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
“James Toney I think without question is the best striker we got in this company. I think James Toney can outstrike anybody including Anderson Silva and I think everyone here would probably agree with me. Though everybody’s dismissing James Toney, but they’re accepting Anderson’s skills. I dismiss both of those bums. That’s what I think about them. I dismiss them both.”
http://www.lowkick.com/UFC/Sonnen-On-Silva-And-Toney-I-Dismiss-Both-Of-These-Bums-7298

I'm all for Chael Sonnen trash talk but I find this confusing. He calls Toney the best striker the company has then dismisses them? Maybe he's saying he is better than both of them and could beat them. I don't know.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
When I first started following this guy a year or so ago I didn't know what to think of him... now I've decided I like Chael Sonnen. Seriously, he's a smart dude, he's very good at getting under peoples skin. He's doing all he can to piss off Anderson Silva so as to give himself every Advantage. He knows what he's doing. Will it work? Maybe not, but this guys game.

·
Curitiba Food and Liquor
16,175 Posts
I'm not sure if that's the real Chael talking, but he does it a lot.

He better be game, considering some of the fighters he's been calling out, directly or indirectly.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
HAHA! Silva blamed his last performance on Maia's statements before the fight. We just might see his head explode in this one!

seriously what Sonnen is doing is brilliant and will get a reaction from Silva. The question in my mind is will Sonnen survive the reaction.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
if he can make anderson the aggressor then his plan works and he can get some TDs.

if anderson plays his usual waiting game. Chael is gonna get destroyed.

btw anderson would outstrike Toney 9.7/10 in an MMA match. it would be disgusting.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I really don't see how Chael has the right to call anyone a bum. He can wrestle and that's about it. He'll never submit anyone or knock anyone out. I seriously doubt he can get the tko from GnP either. He has weak a$$ sub-defense, I really can't see how he would win a 5 round fight with Anderson. He could probably lay there on him a couple rounds, but at some point Anderson is going to give him real problems.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
I really don't see how Chael has the right to call anyone a bum. He can wrestle and that's about it. He'll never submit anyone or knock anyone out. I seriously doubt he can get the tko from GnP either. He has weak a$$ sub-defense, I really can't see how he would win a 5 round fight with Anderson. He could probably lay there on him a couple rounds, but at some point Anderson is going to give him real problems.
He's doing it for attention. Yours, mine, Silvas', and especially Danas'.
Chael has been a good solid fighter for a long time who has never recieved the credit and attention he deserves. He's finally figured out how to get it.

Sonnen will get a takedown. He will gnp and Silva will try to submit him, and that's where it will get very interesting. If I were Sonnen I would be training for that moment with BJ Penn and Maia.

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
Chael is a nut, but I'm glad his nuttiness is aimed toward Anderson. I'd hate to have him faced against an opponent I actually liked, otherwise, his comments wouldn't be as amusing. I don't see him beating Anderson; slightly better chance then Maia, but still. However, I support his getting under Silva's skin, he's earned.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
it did wonders for Chris Leben!!!

the funny thing is, after all the talk, Chael has to get in that cage.

Chaels standup is horrendus. Andys lateral movement and size can keep TDs at bay. Not to mention his deadly accuracy and decieving power.

then, it's gonna get funny. Anderson is gonna clown Chael.

Chael says he wont allow it and will move forward....

then he will get KO'D.

ppl will be happy, like Andy vs Forrest. Everybody back on Andys nuts and Dana calls him p4p best again.

then he moves up to LHW

if Shogun wins. Dana gives Andy a shot to have both belts at once ASAP.

if he wins that. he can face winner of Brock/Carwin vs Cain. Hopefully Cain so the size advantage isnt so big.

Andy can still make MMA history and be the greatest ever by far.

Chael is gonna be a footnote.

and i actually like the guy.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
"There's people out there that need (to be) beaten up - he's one of them. And I have a moral obligation to society to beat him up."

"[Silva] is a dirtbag anyway, whether he went out there and shook hands and was gracious or he didn't. Who cares? I don't know why sportsmanship needs to be involved, anyways. It's a fight - go do whatever you want.

"So, yes, I will do whatever I want. And when my music hits those speakers, I will make that walk and answer for my words."
- Chael Sonnen

C'mon! how can you not love this guy!

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
At some point somebody will beat Anderson... then we'll all jump on "somebody's" bandwagon and start calling them the best ever. Will that "somebody" be Chael? I have no clue but maybe we have the ingredients here for an upset.

1. Chael is a tough bastard who is a wrestling machine. He might be able to do what other could not-- put Anderson on his back-- then what?

2. We KNOW that Silva lets people get under his skin. Chael is proving to be a master at this, and I'm enjoying watching him poke the bully in the chest. Will this anger Silva has toward Chael make him take more risk?

3. Dana had a "come to Jesus" talk with Silva and told him he expects more from him. Therefore Silva may step out of his comfort zone a little in his next performance and end up in trouble.

Whichever fighter draws the lucky lottery ticket and beats Anderson will rise to unimaginable status instantly. Rogan will yell into his mic, "Welcome to the [insert name here] era!!!" Then instantly, before the arena lights are even turned off annalists will start asking, "was Silva overrated?" and "Was Anderson a one dimensional fighter?"

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I don't know - I know some people like listening to him, but I just can't care about the guy. He's lost 3 times to Jeremy Horn, my most poignant memory of him is him screaming out like a girl when he was in a sub... I mean c'mon, I just don't get it.

As for him getting under Anderson's skin: So what? Maia apparently got under Anderson skin and got his face rearranged and made look like a tool. Chael, in my opinion, just doesn't have the tools. In fact, I think if he does get the TD he'll be in danger of getting subbed.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts