Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Hope he's working on BJJ defense atleast.

If Silva gets an armbar, i'd like to see him secure it firmly but without twisting, get better position and use everything he's got to make Sonnen 'tap' --- see what happens.

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
Haha, thanks for that man. Chael has such a big mouth, he's probably gonna get his nose knee'd into next month, hopefully Anderson doesn't mess around this time and puts on a clinic, which I think he will. We'll see how mouthy he is afterwards.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Why is he getting a title shot again ? o_O :confused:

4 lame fights in a row at MW for anderson :/

Nate
Vitor
Wand
Belch
and more id rather see...

Reactions: morninglightmt

·
Registered
138 Posts
Why is he getting a title shot again ? o_O :confused:

4 lame fights in a row at MW for anderson :/

Nate
Vitor
Wand
Belch
and more id rather see...
He beat Nate in number one contender match.
But anywho, as soon as he gets takedown hes getting submited. Anderson is not joking on the ground and Chael's got a lousy sub defense.

·
Registered
816 Posts
He beat Nate in number one contender match.
But anywho, as soon as he gets takedown hes getting submited. Anderson is not joking on the ground and Chael's got a lousy sub defense.
yeah he got the lay and pray win ..... chaels face was hella lot more beat up then nates...lame rules

·
Forum "Superhero"
1,487 Posts
..............................................hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happy02::laugh::happy01:i laughed so hard i cried.

you win-heres a prize along with +rep:

·
Banned
0 Posts
here you go mate...

I approve this thread....LoL Republican's Tap!!! Seriously though Chael should just shut up, I watch this vid and it drives home the fact that all he has been doing is running his mouth, he has almost proven even if your mediocre as long as you talk enough shit eventually you get your chance...thats all Chael has ever taught me through all his interviews and such....he wants to get paid and not pay taxes on it cuz he is Republican...

·
Registered
287 Posts
I don't like Sonnen for a few reasons. I found the video hilarious... but he has improved his resistance to tapping. Nate Marquardt is no joke when it comes to submissions and he had Sonnen in a real tight guillotine.

On top of that, I think Silva has an overrated ground game. Who has Silva subbed in the UFC? Lutter was a joke - fat and lazy. Henderson got Silva on the ground and controlled him in the first round. In the second round, he came in with a diff. game plan and got lost as a result. Sonnen has one gameplan, the one Henderson had in the first round.

I see this as an interesting matchup.

·
Let Me Bang Bro
1,967 Posts
I gather his highlights are him lying on dudes for 15 minutes every fight hes won.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I don't like Sonnen for a few reasons. I found the video hilarious... but he has improved his resistance to tapping. Nate Marquardt is no joke when it comes to submissions and he had Sonnen in a real tight guillotine.

On top of that, I think Silva has an overrated ground game. Who has Silva subbed in the UFC? Lutter was a joke - fat and lazy. Henderson got Silva on the ground and controlled him in the first round. In the second round, he came in with a diff. game plan and got lost as a result. Sonnen has one gameplan, the one Henderson had in the first round.

I see this as an interesting matchup.
I'm pretty sure Hendo's gas tank was about empty after that 1st RD he used alot of energy and Travis Lutter is really not a slouch on the ground he was not fat he was weak from a shitty cut and that is totally his fault but his Jits is dirty bro. I also dont think the second RD, going back to the Hendo fight, was a not a different strategy rather Anderson warming up to Hendo, historically if you watch Anderson he is slightly reserved at the beginning of all his bouts to feel out his opponent. This is the time he is most vulnerable IMO and any fighters best chance to take him out, problem is no one can and Chael wont either. I am totally content to watch Anderson stand with Chael but Chael is republican and he is going to pick his poison, is gonna shoot for the double or single and he is probably going to have damage done to him from Anderson even if in guard, which really is not where Chael wants to be anyway....I see this as more a lesson than something that potentially could go bad for Anderson....:thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.