Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Charles "Do Bronx" Oliveira 馃啔 Islam Makhachev

Is Makhachev ready for a title shot? He won 10 fights in a row and although he did not get his wish a battle with Beneil Dariush he crushed Bobby Green in the 1st round. Dana White recently said no but these days you never know. Makachev eventually will clash with Charles Oliveira at some point in their careers.

In a battle between Brazilian 3rd degree high level BJJ master Oliveira and or 2016 combat ***** world champion Makhachev?

The Title Guy
If he doesn't get the next one he should get the one after that. Also I don't think the Russian invasion of Ukraine should have anything to do with whether Russian fighters are allowed to fight in the UFC or whether title shots happen or not.

Premium Member
Someone said the UFC reneged on Islam being next in line.

To keep the door open for Conor.

Makes no difference to me, all of them will have a chance to settle it in the cage eventually.

The Title Guy
I don't know how considering Conor is coming off of a two fight losing streak. There's really no way that they could justify giving Conor a title shot over Islam who has basically earned his shot. Put him aside for someone else who deserves it, maybe.

Registered
I'd be fine if Oliviera fought Islam next but at the same time Islam still doesn't have a great resume so I'd prefer to see him fight a high level guy like Chandler or Gaethje first.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts