Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 438 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
these moves are legal but imo dirty as hell i would have to say the worse would either be ken flo's elbows or chris leben when he tries to stomp on everyone's feet

honorable mention goes to tim sylvia shitting himself

·
Registered
171 Posts
i think he mean ken florian elbows (and maybe his elbows to sean sherk head)..
elbows are my favorite weapon in MMA, very effective. but sometimes become the reasons that some fights stops soon because of cuts.
and sometimes when they throw one after one it became very cool, like when tanner did to baroni at UFC-45, a few fighters use this method but tanner does it very effective.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Just because a fight is stopped quickly, from whatever technique, doesn't make it a "dirty" or "cheap" move. Elbows, and foot stomps for that matter are part of the sport and whether and guy finishes a fight in the first round, or the last from opening a cut...that's just mixed martial arts...that's the way it goes. Sometimes it sucks to see a good fight stopped due to a big gash in someones head, but that's how it works my friend.

·
Registered
360 Posts
i personally do not like figure four body locks. they are illegal in college wrestling now and they can do serious damage without the victim being able to realize quiote how bad it is. I figure, if you can get the fig 4 body lock, you can easily get a choke from that position so why turn it into a slower more painful process. see fight Ivan Salaverry vs. Tony Fryklund

·
Registered
42 Posts
There are some things that I agree with like no kicking a downed opponent in the head, but I think knees to a downed opponents head should be legal. The leverage one has is similar to heavy elbows to the head or standard upright knees at best.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
I agree with the threadstarter's picks completely. I'm not going into it again but there's a difference between a KenFlo elbow and an Evan Tanner elbow. KenFlo's elbows are legal and effective, but cheap as hell nonetheless. Leben's foot stomps aren't too bad, but it still is as cheap as pinching or biting. And Sylvia shitting his pants is cheap because it makes your opponent hesitant to touch you.

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
the elbow... the only reason any fighter in the UFC uses it, is to cut open their opponent to get the fight stopped (not to WIN the fight)... then they cheer like they actually beat the other guy...

and don't try to tell me otherwise... when the fighter's corner is shouting; "elbows... elbows... cut him open..." that means something...

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
pt447 said:
the elbow... the only reason any fighter in the UFC uses it, is to cut open their opponent to get the fight stopped (not to WIN the fight)... then they cheer like they actually beat the other guy...

and don't try to tell me otherwise... when the fighter's corner is shouting; "elbows... elbows... cut him open..." that means something...
exactly! and that's what KenFlo's cornermen were saying! :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Mc19 said:
There is no such thing as a cheap move. You do what you have to do to win as long as its in the rules. And who ever said elbows are cheap, ever hear of muay thai. Its a huge part of mma.
im all about the elbows, i like to put a little more of the forearm in it like evan tanner. but they teach us in muay thai to use specifically the tip, which is what cuts. i like the foot stomp, i like to knee to the legs in the clinch. some may view me as dirty, i see it as being tactical. i like to beat everything i can. i want guys to never want to fight me again. its all about emposing your will on your opponent. although i have to admit, when a fighter is getting his ass kicked and he then wins on a cut it does piss me off. i dont aim to cut when i throw and elbow, its just a good solid strike when you are in close.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I love elbows.

One strong eblow to the side of the temple can KO someone as well.

Example: Evan Tanner!

·
Registered
15 Posts
lfaris said:
these moves are legal but imo dirty as hell i would have to say the worse would either be ken flo's elbows or chris leben when he tries to stomp on everyone's feet

honorable mention goes to tim sylvia shitting himself
Did this really happen??? Did Time sylvia really shit himself?

1 - 20 of 438 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.