Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chris Leban has been telling anyone who will listen that he wants a Title Shot and deserves one. What's funny is after his fight with Silva I never heard him say he wanted to fight him again. I have heard him say he wanted to fight Rich for the Title. I do not think we are going to hear from Leban anytime soon as far as fighting Silva again. After that vicious knockout you know he don't want any part of Silva.

Do you think Leban want's to fight Silva again.
 

·
The American Psycho
Joined
·
6,946 Posts
He'll be waiting for a long time to get a title shot! Leban was molested in that octagon by Silva! Who'd want to rush for that to happen again! Besides, he should get at least 3 or 4 more wins before getting a title shot!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He talk's plenty of smack but he becomes very quite when it come to Silva.
I would like to see him fight Josh Kosheck. The way Josh progressed with his stand up I think he would really put the smack down on Leban now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
cicero1 said:
Chris Leban has been telling anyone who will listen that he wants a Title Shot and deserves one. What's funny is after his fight with Silva I never heard him say he wanted to fight him again. I have heard him say he wanted to fight Rich for the Title. I do not think we are going to hear from Leban anytime soon as far as fighting Silva again. After that vicious knockout you know he don't want any part of Silva.

Do you think Leban want's to fight Silva again.
yeah i think chris definently wants to fight silva again. thats just how he is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Wombatsu said:
Leben needs to fight the likes of Marquardt/Lister/Terrell/Tanner b4 he goes anywhere near a title shot.

I totally agree. imo he has an advantage against all of them with his bombs, but as far a defending the subs we have only seen one instance where Leben did well defending(Doerkson). Chris is an above average striker for the division, but Rich is on another level and Anderson is out of this world. Maybe a move to 170 is in the future. He doesnt cut more than 5 or 6 lbs plus he's not exactly all cut up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
chris lebans a warrior im sure he'd want to fight Silva again probably.

I think everything about how he got destroyed went out the window when silva destroyed rich franklin.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Storm442

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,961 Posts
we dont need to see KOS give leben the treatment again, Leben cant beat KOS, he would be on his back all fight getting pounded..and as for a title shot..YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME, he isnt even close to a title shot
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
if chris could make ww that would be awesome. i'd love to watch him bang with those guys. like i said befor though. it doesnt bother him to the point where he wouldn't fight anderson again. i think he would take the fight no question. he came back 2 months after that loss and ko'd jorge rivera.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
if chris could learn to move his head he would be a tuff guy to beat. he is one of those guys that really needs to lose to bring him back to earth and make him train harder. look what happened on the show, he lost twice, which i think to loss to koscheck was lame but he did lose. and i think he lost because he thought he was the shit. then he got a chance to come back and got cut. so dana gives him a shot and he is 6 and 1. and his loss is against a guy that anialated rich franklin. so he lost to silva came right back and ko'd jorge santiago. he looked pretty good in that fight. im not saying he can beat rich, and a second fight with anderson could very possibly go the same way. but he would take the fight, and he would leave it all in the cage. i respect that. he talks alot, but he isn't afraid to get in there and bang it out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
I agree with you all when you say he is no where near a title shot, he has a lot more work to do to even contend with Franklin, Tanner, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
I doubt Leben will get a title anytime soon. thers still a possibilty of a RichSilva2, The TUF comebackfight (this'll be a quick one) and Swick and Marqardt are more likely to get a shot before Leben. I bet Leben's the last thing on Dana's mind right now when it comes to title shots. Mabye he should fight KOS again. I doubt Leben wouldnt want this fight though. He lost the first time and KOS has only gotten better since than Lebens not changed at all since TUF. His only hope is to move down to WW or go up to LHW.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
MMA1990 said:
I doubt Leben will get a title anytime soon. thers still a possibilty of a RichSilva2, The TUF comebackfight (this'll be a quick one) and Swick and Marqardt are more likely to get a shot before Leben. I bet Leben's the last thing on Dana's mind right now when it comes to title shots. Mabye he should fight KOS again. I doubt Leben wouldnt want this fight though. He lost the first time and KOS has only gotten better since than Lebens not changed at all since TUF. His only hope is to move down to WW or go up to LHW.
i cant see him a lhw, but a ww with joe riggs (provided he figuresout what weight class he is going to fight in) could be interesting. and maybe even a fight with nick diaz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Leben needs to fight better fighters.. Swick (or however you spell his name) would be a good match for him, though, MS might get the title shot...

i'm not saying that i like leben, i don't like him at all.. but he's good for the sport..
 

·
True Grappler
Joined
·
6,222 Posts
Leben could fight Anderson again, but I definitely wouldn't pay $40 on pay-per-veiw. Maybe if they had it on TV like last time. That would be an ass whupping worth watching for free.

Right now I think Swick's in line for the title. I don't think he has a chance, but he could make it an exciting fight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,763 Posts
Spit206Fire said:
chris lebans a warrior im sure he'd want to fight Silva again probably.

I think everything about how he got destroyed went out the window when silva destroyed rich franklin.
Exactly, Silva didnt destroy Leben much worse than he destroyed Rich, and I dont think anyone would argue that Rich is second best in that division. So theoretically Silva would beat down anyone in the division about like he did Leben. I still dont think he should get a title shot yet. I just dont think the fact he got KOed by Silva should matter. I think he should fight Swick next.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top