Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a video before his fight with Santiago, Chris Leben feels he deserves a title shot since he beat Mike Swick and Mike Swick has become a legitimate contender. By this he basically means he wants a rematch with Swick because he feels he can beat Swick.

There have been many rumors on Mike Swick and a Chris Leben rematch. But in the mean time Swick is taking on The Crow David Loiseau at UFC 63.

If this match did happen who do you think would win?

I understand Mike Swick is very experienced and dominating now but Chris Leben could land a lucky punch the way he did against Santiago. But I think Swick could make Leben tap in a rematch.

Any thoughts?

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Swick has improved massive ever since screwed over by Bonnar in the Ultimate Fighter 1. Chris Leben hasn't improved at all ever since beating Swick for the first time which was 2-3 years ago.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
Yea Mike Swick is really on a hot streak right now and not just in the UFC. He just beats everyone so quick lol it's true. He's extremely good at submissions, something Leben seems to struggle with, and his hands are so fast and powerful. And he throws knees and elbows like crazy too and they always connect.

I think Swick would stand up with him for about 2-3 minutes and if the fight isn't over yet he'll take it to the ground and finish it before the end of round 1.

·
Registered
794 Posts
The thing with Swick is his intensity within the fight (not unlike W.Silva). Could go either way but id put the $ on Swick in a rematch.

Leben has improved however also, i dont mind him either he speaks his mind which is good...

Some of you guys should watch Swicks pre UFC footage - like Rich Franklin hes beeen stomping azz for a while.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
Wombatsu said:
Some of you guys should watch Swicks pre UFC footage - like Rich Franklin hes beeen stomping azz for a while.

Yea, that's what I have been trying to say. I didn't think Swick was all that great until I searched him on YouTube and DailyMotion. He has some pretty impressive fights outside the UFC. One guy even lasted 3 rounds with him! Swick beat the shit out of him the whole time though haha. And yea Ace is what 20-1? (Just guessing can't remember exactly). How many UFC fights has he had? I think 7? That means there's 14 other fights out there that some of you are missing out on. Look him up on YouTube or DailyMotion if you've never seen any other fights you will be pleasantly surprised at what you've been missing out on.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
as much as i hate to say it, leben wins the rematch by tko...swick is not anderson silva, and leben got a chin and swick doesnt..leben 2nd round tko (strikes)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Rush said:
Swick has improved massive ever since screwed over by Bonnar in the Ultimate Fighter 1. Chris Leben hasn't improved at all ever since beating Swick for the first time which was 2-3 years ago.

Swick didn't get screwed by Bonnar, he got submitted with an armlock. I do agree with you that Swick would take it to Leben if they were to fight again. Swick has some scary handspeed and Leben leads with his chin, that can make for a fast knockout. Leben is tough as hell and he has great punching power but I still think Swick would be on him like a cheap suit.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well Bonnar is pretty massize for a light heavyweight infact almost a heavyweight I think. Mike Swick is just a middleweight. I got Mike Swick mixed up with Bobby Southworth, thats who was screwed over by Bonnar. But Soutworth is terrible, Swick is pretty good.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Both tough guys its hard to say.I think when Swicks is in a stand up fight he can be phenominal Lebens real good though. Leben always suprises me weather its a win or lose both great fighters I have respect for both But I think Swicks A diffrent fighter than he was a few years ago so Id say Swick KO in the second round.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
CTFlyingKnee said:
if leben caught swick, it would put him to sleep, no question. But, I think Swick is too (to use an obvious pun) quick for Leben. Thats my 2 cents
HE WAS JUST AS QUICK WHEN THEY FIRST FAUGHT AND LEBEN CAUGHT HIM...HE WOULD HAVE TO CHANGE HIS STRATEGY IF HE WANTS TO WIN, I DONT SEE HIM KNOCKIN OUT LEBEN, MAYBE IF HE SHOOTS AND GOES FOR A SUB...BUT I THINK LEBEN WINS BY TKO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.