Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know st.pierre is at his peak right now thier different weight but Im sure they can meet at a catch weight. from what I saw chuck has been getting Kod. St.Pierre doesnt have good hands Id pick chuck in this 1 bigger stronger i say chuck wins a great fight

·
The Detective
1,338 Posts
My two favorite fighters. Chuck has the perfect style to beat GSP but I don't know that he is athletic enough to hang with GSP. Even with the size advantage I think I would favor GSP. It would be a very interesting fight. Weight classes are there for a reason, but I think too much emphasis is set on them. Smaller fighters win against bigger fighters all the time in the HW division.

·
Registered
185 Posts
prime 4 prime chuck kills Him. even now I think chuck would win GSP is a great fighter i just think if matt serra kod st.pierre then chuck can too
MMath is win, let me try - if serra can KO GSP, then surely thiago alves, a much bigger welterweight striker could KO him too! wait..that doesnt work..

Anyways IMO this is a really wierd question to ask..kind of similar to asking who would win a.silva or lesnar..if weight werent a factor then imo it all depends on who's better at their respective style, chucks sprawl n brawl or st pierres wrestling..in his prime I'd have to give this one to chuck just based on how much trouble everyone else had taking & keeping him down but in reality I'm sure GSP would find a weakness & exploit it and take a decision victory..I doubt he'd stand with chuck because thats just asking to get knocked out

·
Registered
97 Posts
I would honestly have to give it to GSP. I think he is just a much more dynamic fighter. I feel he uses a lot more tools and would adapt better then Chuck.

Also I feel GSP trains extremely smart for a fight. He always puts together great game plans that prove effective. Team Jackson seemed to figure out chuck before when Rashard caught him.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
the correct answer is Rickson Gracie via armbar

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
I don't know if the fight is prime vs prime, but if they fought today GSP would maul Chuck.

·
Banned
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
prime 4 prime liddel wins. Even today liddel would Knock Him out. Im telling You St.Pierre is good but thats going too far he cant beat chuck liddel.. yea rampage and rashad Kod Liddel but rampage and rashad are monstors man they got insane punch power

Liddell wins By his sprawl and brawl techniques

·
Banned
525 Posts
St.Pierre doesnt have good hands Id pick chuck in this 1 bigger stronger i say chuck wins a great fight
WRONG! St-Pierre has great hands. He has excellent stand up. We just don't see it for more than like 15 seconds at a time because he can take anybody down anytime he wants and that's what he does. Well..., maybe his hands aren't great but they are definitely better than good. But his all-round stand up is excellent. His movement, kicks, combos, speed, power, all is great. St-Pierre would kill Chuck. And trust me, it would have nothing to do with the stand up game. St-Pierre would strike only long enough to complete the double leg.

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts
prime 4 prime liddel wins. Even today liddel would Knock Him out. Im telling You St.Pierre is good but thats going too far he cant beat chuck liddel.. yea rampage and rashad Kod Liddel but rampage and rashad are monstors man they got insane punch power

Liddell wins By his sprawl and brawl techniques
You mean Monster??

You still ducking me Charlie?? Grow a pair already.

Also

When i made a Arlovski vs Kongo thread i got massively flamed. He makes this most stupid random thread and people respond seriously?? :confused02:

Anyway

Chuck Liddel by KO

·
KO artist
5,552 Posts
Will people stop using Serra and Matt Hughes as examples of GSP's style "weakness" ... both of them basically one-shot / one sub lucked it, they get tooled by GSP 99 times out of 100.

Prime Chuck would take this with his chin and TDD, but unfortunately now I think he'd get outstruck even by GSP. GSP is a way better striker than Evans IMO.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Prime vs Prime, Chuck wins this by first round KO. Chuck would defend all of his takedowns with ease and if not, immediately get back up then eventually land one of his KO punches. Granted this fight is ridiculous seeing as how Chuck would never even make 185 and GSP could make 205 but would be incredibly small and would all around not be the same fighter.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.