Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since it seems that UFC and Pride will not let us see the fight between Chuck and Wanderlei. The closest compition for Chuck would be Anderson. I realize that it might be a little small for Chuck but Rich Franklin is a big strong guy and he did not seem to have a problem with him.

What do you think???

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yeah I"ve heard talks of a welterweight facing A Silva but not a LHW. A fighter like Chuck i think would just overwhelm A Silva. GSP or Hughes against Silva would be a more well matched fight.

·
Registered
176 Posts
popeyel said:
i was reading that mirko crocop might fight chuck liddell. since he just demolished wanderlei silva, i think he could be a good matchup for liddell
Nah just fans talking mainly. The fight that would most likely happen if it was Chuck vs a Pride fighter would be Chuck vs Wanerlei Silva. Chuck would get overwhelmed by CroCop just like Silva trying to fight a HW of CroCops calibur. All he would have is a punchers chance. CroCop will be fighting around New Years or a little after against Barnett more than likely.

·
Registered
891 Posts
crocop vs. liddel
may as well be
fedor vs. sylvia

i think pride has a much better range of lhw/hw's
however any other weight class UFC is dominant

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
a lot of fans don't seem to realize that there IS infact a difference in the level of fighters out there. chuck is good, in respect ot the UFC, but on the world stage he has no chance against such a season, tested, and battle-hardened fighter as Anderson Silva! Chuck's life is the UFC; he's been padded and protected. sure he's had some "tough" fights, but in all honesty, he has never really been in danger of losing his belt! Anderson would expose Chuck just like he did Franklin... as the sub-standard fighter Chuck, and the vast majority of UFC fighters are.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Slamnbam88 said:
crocop vs. liddel
may as well be
fedor vs. sylvia

i think pride has a much better range of lhw/hw's
however any other weight class UFC is dominant
Yeah a lot of that is true, I mean Chuck is the only UFC fighter even ranked in the top 5 for LHW's and Sylvia is the only UFC HW ranked in the top 5. I dont see the UFC as having the best LW's though.

·
Registered
176 Posts
pt447 said:
a lot of fans don't seem to realize that there IS infact a difference in the level of fighters out there. chuck is good, in respect ot the UFC, but on the world stage he has no chance against such a season, tested, and battle-hardened fighter as Anderson Silva! Chuck's life is the UFC; he's been padded and protected. sure he's had some "tough" fights, but in all honesty, he has never really been in danger of losing his belt! Anderson would expose Chuck just like he did Franklin... as the sub-standard fighter Chuck, and the vast majority of UFC fighters are.
Eh I don tknow if I agree with that. I dont see any other middleweight or welterweight A Silva cannot beat in the UFC. As far as A Silva against the LHW champ Chuck Liddell... I dont think it'd be a walk in the park for Chuck but Id for sure see Liddell over A Silva.

·
Registered
891 Posts
A silva is a better pound for pound...but hes to small

theres a reason you dont see boxers fighting that far up in their weight class. Eventually power and size does take over and A silva's frame isnt built to be able to get big enough to pack on the power it would take to not get pushed around

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
popeyel said:
i was reading that mirko crocop might fight chuck liddell. since he just demolished wanderlei silva, i think he could be a good matchup for liddell

CroCop is a world classs striker, Chuck would not last longer then Vanderlei did

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
BigBanda said:
Eh I don tknow if I agree with that. I dont see any other middleweight or welterweight A Silva cannot beat in the UFC. As far as A Silva against the LHW champ Chuck Liddell... I dont think it'd be a walk in the park for Chuck but Id for sure see Liddell over A Silva.

Nate Marquardt definately stands a chance of beating A.Silva

David Terrell & Evan Tanner would also match up good against Silva

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Slamnbam88 said:
A silva is a better pound for pound...but hes to small

theres a reason you dont see boxers fighting that far up in their weight class. Eventually power and size does take over and A silva's frame isnt built to be able to get big enough to pack on the power it would take to not get pushed around
Silva is defanitly smaller in fact I mentioned it in my original post. However Chuck is not a powerhouse wrestler that pushes his opponents around. Many fighters go up and down in wieght classes. Given that Chuck is a counter puncher. I think the weight would not be as big of a factor, as it would be for somebody like Tito.

I have never seen Chuck fight a great Kickboxer and that is really what I would like to see.

·
Registered
28 Posts
As much as i like Liddell, i do think A.Silva would beat him. Why? Chuck's hands are always low. Sure, if he catches yopu with a connect it's lights out, but against someone like A.Silva who's movement and footwork is fantastic AND who dosn't miss with a punch, i could see Chuck going the way of Franklin.

Put it this way - do you think Chuck opuld have dismantled Franklin like that when FRanklin was fighting at 205? I don't.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
BigBanda said:
Nah just fans talking mainly. The fight that would most likely happen if it was Chuck vs a Pride fighter would be Chuck vs Wanerlei Silva. Chuck would get overwhelmed by CroCop just like Silva trying to fight a HW of CroCops calibur. All he would have is a punchers chance. CroCop will be fighting around New Years or a little after against Barnett more than likely.
dammit we have to watch cro cop kick barnetts ass again? **** THAT FEDOR AND CROCOP RGHT HERE RIGHT NOW

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.