Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after chuck KO's tito again hes pretty much done it all in the UFC LHW devision, i think Franklin actually fights better at 205 and if he got a couple fights under his belt at 205 he would be a good contendor to challenge Liddell for the LHW belt, lot better than tito and sobral
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,422 Posts
Conor said:
after chuck KO's tito again hes pretty much done it all in the UFC LHW devision, i think Franklin actually fights better at 205 and if he got a couple fights under his belt at 205 he would be a good contendor to challenge Liddell for the LHW belt, lot better than tito and sobral
I think that would be an awesome fight. If franklin beats Silva which i think he will he really has no competition left that stands and kind of chance against him. Liddels competition is pretty weak right now especially after he knocks Tito out again. Franklins only loss came at 205 though against the very good and undefeated Lyoto Machida
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,961 Posts
i think they should make this fight happen after Rich and Chuck avenge their losses to Machida and Rampage. This would be a real good fight, because I think Chuck struggles against guys with good striking skills, and i think Rich would present him with some problems. But Chuck hits alot harder than anyone Rcih has ever faught, therefore i think Rich gets caught in the 3rd round and put to sleep..Good fight tho :thumbsup:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i think it be a great fight, i hope rich moves back up to LHW if he beats Silva, theres really nuthin left for him in the middleweight divison, hes undefeated in the UFC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,422 Posts
jdun11 said:
i think they should make this fight happen after Rich and Chuck avenge their losses to Machida and Rampage. This would be a real good fight, because I think Chuck struggles against guys with good striking skills, and i think Rich would present him with some problems. But Chuck hits alot harder than anyone Rcih has ever faught, therefore i think Rich gets caught in the 3rd round and put to sleep..Good fight tho :thumbsup:
UFC will never let Rampage or Machida fight in the octogon. The first chuck Rampage fight showed a guy who knew exactly how to fight liddell because Rampage has some awesome take down slams, followed by good ground and pound which knocked liddell out. I would still like to see this fight again and I think it could go either way. And I dont think Franklin could beet Machida. Machida versus Liddel would be an awesome fight though.
 

·
I eat babies
Joined
·
7,647 Posts
This would be a great fight, a HUGE ppv draw too. I'm not confident in Rich's chin though. He's a real tough guy, but he gets dropped fairly easily. Dropped though, not KOed. Only once he did that. But Chuck hits prolly like 3 times harder than Tanner, Loiseau, Dewees, Rivera and maybe twice as hard as Shamrock. So if he gets caught, he's more than likely taking a nap.
 

·
I eat babies
Joined
·
7,647 Posts
Conor said:
yea i think it be a great fight, i hope rich moves back up to LHW if he beats Silva, theres really nuthin left for him in the middleweight divison, hes undefeated in the UFC
Don't forget about the TUF 4 winner :laugh:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
705 Posts
steveo412 said:
hahah none of those guys on TUF 4 will be able to make it through a round with hughes or Franklin. That show is a joke compared to the other ones.
Well Cote hits pretty hard if you remember his UFC debut againts Tito, He dropped him to his knees, So I think Cote has a punchers chance againts Franklin, IF he manages to catch him with an overhand right, it might put franklin to sleep, who knows?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,422 Posts
pliff said:
Well Cote hits pretty hard if you remember his UFC debut againts Tito, He dropped him to his knees, So I think Cote has a punchers chance againts Franklin, IF he manages to catch him with an overhand right, it might put franklin to sleep, who knows?
Yah he does but he has to capitalize on it and Franklin recovers damn good from getting rocked and he also hits very hard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,763 Posts
Rich would be winning the decision against Chuck, until Chuck puts him to sleep and ends it. If Rich can manage to dodge Chucks punches the whole fight he can win but I dont see it happening.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,615 Posts
I don't know how well Rich would do in the fight. Liddell is just an all-round better fighter than him. Rich may be a little better on the ground once it got there, but Franklins takedowns aren't strong enough to take Liddell down and keep him down. I'd predict a knockout in the third round
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Wouldn't even make it three. Rich goes down worse than Babalu. I don't think rich culd beat renato or Tito to be honest. Rich is in the right weight class for him to be successful. UFC needs to build that division like they built the WW division. Get some legit competition more than two fighters should be waiting for a chance at the champ.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top