Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Do you think it is a big difference in this fight where it takes place? Personally I dont think it matters in this match up, i know Wand loves the foot stomps, but if Chuck is in the position to get foot stomped than he probably wasnt gonna win the fight anyway. Chuck might feel a little more comfortable in the UFC and Wandy might feel the same in PRIDE, but i dont believe either fighter would be affected enough to use that as an excuse for their loss
 

·
WTF Chuck, Fight Me!
Joined
·
1,784 Posts
i dont think it matters, because if this fight happens, its going to happen in the US anyways, so the rules will be the same...i guess the only difference is the size of the fight area.. the octagon seems smaller, but does it really matter for 2 stand up fighters
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
I agree, I don't think with these two guys it would matter much at all.
...and it would be HORRIBLE if the loser used that as an exuse.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
I think it does matter to Chuck. He's good at using the cage to get himself back up if he's taken down.

I think it matters much more to the Org's though. Both the UFC and Pride will want this fight on their PPV.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
Wande keeps calling out Chuck... who is telling him to do this? I doubt he is doing it on his own. I would assume it's part of the show and someone wearing a suit in the Pride org. is behind it.
I guess the ball is in Dana's court and after Chuck fights Tito, I predict this fight will happen. $$$
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
464 Posts
Someone please injure Silva and then maybe we can have a Shogun vs Liddel fight...hehe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
i believe that would be an even worst match up for chuck but i dont know that this will ever happen... one organization is going to have to step up and take one for all mma fans and it seems as though neither is willing to do so at this time
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shogun is a very bad match up for Chuck, Chuck was struggling with Overeem, Shogun's striking is even better, and if he rocks Chuck you know the knees are coming, and that seems to throw Chuck off hes not used to fighting strikers with that many weapons, actually hes not used to fight strikers period, the UFC feeds him grapplers to KO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
344 Posts
how about this?

I barely read the thread but I have a good idea lol

How about Wandy fights Chuck at UFC (Its Wandys turn to come here)
In the meantime, we can send Anderson Silva back to Pride to fight CroCop or someone (I know he needs to put a few pounds on for that one)

This way BOTH companys benefit from the crossovers.

Doesnt HAVE to be Silva just making a suggestion. If we send someone over to fight in Pride at THEIR next PPV, then alls fair?

I dunno Im a retard, just a suggestion I havent seen anyone make:dunno:
 

·
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
Joined
·
2,458 Posts
johnbender said:
I barely read the thread but I have a good idea lol

How about Wandy fights Chuck at UFC (Its Wandys turn to come here)
In the meantime, we can send Anderson Silva back to Pride to fight CroCop or someone (I know he needs to put a few pounds on for that one)

This way BOTH companys benefit from the crossovers.

Doesnt HAVE to be Silva just making a suggestion. If we send someone over to fight in Pride at THEIR next PPV, then alls fair?

I dunno Im a retard, just a suggestion I havent seen anyone make:dunno:
yup u said it all
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
ufc has nobody of significance to send over really maybe sylvia but thats about it and i dont think dana would want him going over and getting destroyed and pride has no ww to send hughes or gsp over maybe sherk to fight gomi i dont know lw is a new division and fighter status isnt really figured out yet in ufc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
johnbender said:
How about Wandy fights Chuck at UFC (Its Wandys turn to come here)
In the meantime, we can send Anderson Silva back to Pride to fight CroCop or someone (I know he needs to put a few pounds on for that one)

This way BOTH companys benefit from the crossovers.

Doesnt HAVE to be Silva just making a suggestion. If we send someone over to fight in Pride at THEIR next PPV, then alls fair?

I dunno Im a retard, just a suggestion I havent seen anyone make:dunno:
Wandy fought Tito in a UFC Ring - not sure if it is his turn.

Sikva vs Cro Cop would be a murder he out weights him by 50 pounds I would rather see Cro Cop kick Tim Silvia head off

I do think there should be some cross overs for the fans sake. UFC defanitly has a huge advantage here and Pride as a huge fanbase in Japan. Most people want more more more when it come to MMA

I think that a Pride would give a bigger advantage for Wandy than a UFC cage would give to Chuck. Wandy has been in the cage several times and his elbows are quite nasty. And chuck last time he was in a ring. I dont think it is a sugnificant differnace though. They are both quite seasoned fighters that should be able to adapt to either situation.

I just want to see the fight already.

Just let them fight. Stop crying about money and royaltys make a fight night where every fight is UFC vs Pride split the PPV money down the middle. Seams fair to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
You Are a Clown said:
ufc has nobody of significance to send over really maybe sylvia but thats about it and i dont think dana would want him going over and getting destroyed and pride has no ww to send hughes or gsp over maybe sherk to fight gomi i dont know lw is a new division and fighter status isnt really figured out yet in ufc
ufc could send arlovski to fight cro cop. that would be a safe match for both orgs considering neither of them is hw champ, but could both very well be. and i think its obvious where wand wants this fight to happen.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_fiBTHcdTw
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Arlovski v. Crocop sounds good but I never really see high kicks like crocop throws in the UFC although i think Crocop would dominate. I dont think Arlovski has beaten anyone relly skillful. What about a Belfort v. Franklin fight?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
corvettecarrillo said:
Arlovski v. Crocop sounds good but I never really see high kicks like crocop throws in the UFC although i think Crocop would dominate. I dont think Arlovski has beaten anyone relly skillful. What about a Belfort v. Franklin fight?
belfort needs to take some time off imo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
891 Posts
silva called fedor out after his last win vs. aa....let him go get taken down a notch of 10
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
I dont think Sylvia wants anything to do with Fedor, i thought i heard that they asked him if he did and he answered no. I think i heard a pride announcer making fun of it. Also in an interview where White and the pride president got into it they asked dana to let tim fight fedor and he quickly changed the subject.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,984 Posts
I think the venue, albiet greatly under-appreciated, has some bearing on the out come of the bout...

I consider a few things here...

The venue would most certainly dictate the rules...Pride or UFC
either benefitting the hometown hero...
Secondly, cage VS ring...
If you train for the cage, you pretty much *live* there... its your HOME...
Same goes for the ring, its what you are accustomed to, you are relaxed and comfortable there...

Another thing would be the crowd.. ie. fan base...
I know I will probably get flamed for this, I do believe at some level the roar of the fans can get a fighter to dig alittle deeper when its needed...

That said, alot of the advantages/disadvantages of the venue would be in the psychological aspect of the fighter... not so much as a physical hinderance but as a mental one...

In this case, with these two opponents, I think the venue would play part in deciding the winner... maybe not enough to be used as an excuse, but enough to play a role
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
attention said:
I think the venue, albiet greatly under-appreciated, has some bearing on the out come of the bout...

I consider a few things here...

The venue would most certainly dictate the rules...Pride or UFC
either benefitting the hometown hero...
Secondly, cage VS ring...
If you train for the cage, you pretty much *live* there... its your HOME...
Same goes for the ring, its what you are accustomed to, you are relaxed and comfortable there...

Another thing would be the crowd.. ie. fan base...
I know I will probably get flamed for this, I do believe at some level the roar of the fans can get a fighter to dig alittle deeper when its needed...

That said, alot of the advantages/disadvantages of the venue would be in the psychological aspect of the fighter... not so much as a physical hinderance but as a mental one...

In this case, with these two opponents, I think the venue would play part in deciding the winner... maybe not enough to be used as an excuse, but enough to play a role
it depends on the fighter, sylvia and fedor could fight anywhere, because its not like fedor stomps people, and tim doesnt use elbows. same with cro cop and arlovski, they both just like to stand and trade. so the rules wont effect their fight either. and as far as the roar of the crowd goes, the majority of the people that go to these events have no real loyalty to any particular fighter. they cheer when some one does something exciting. its like the roman coliseum. how many times have you heard the crowd roar for tito when he is coming out, and chant his name while he fights. and then at the end of the fight they all boo him. does the crowd get you pumped?? yes..would they cheer for cro cop if he threw the high kick and ko'd arlovski or tim?? absolutely..
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top