Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do any of you guys ever remember hearing about Chuck having a broken hand after a fight? Just a thought I had after watching some of the promotional stuff they got going for 115 where Chuck is throwing bombs just flurrying on guys and it occurred to me that I've never seen a report of Chuck having a broken hand after a fight. He flurries pretty hard as well as his hooks look like his fingers connect first as opposed to his knuckle sometimes, if not more then sometimes. Guess he's just got some god given hand strength haha? Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
I honestly don't remember the medical suspensions coming out or maybe they weren't a big deal until the last year and a half maybe two years. I don't remember them being news before that but maybe its just me. Some of the other OG's from around here must be able to throw in there two cents.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Some fighters train around toughening & strengthening their hands. Roy Jones plays the piano, Jens Pulver does tennis ball grip pull ups(name?). Bruce Lee used to do 1 finger push ups. Its possible some of them never break or injure their hands due to them investing a lot of time and effort into building their hands up.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
The medical suspension releases have been around for a long time now, but I don't ever remember hearing of Liddell hurting his hands. Some guys just have strong bones/hands. And some, like Faber, even when wrapped snap their hands constantly. I fall into that boat. I've had several boxer's fractures (zombie hand after the cast for the win). I think it has to do with genetics mostly, and how your land your punches.

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts
Chucks a tough dude, he doesnt need medical suspension or any of that sissy stuff you see today.

The only thing I see breaking in this fight is Franklins face.
I agree that Chuck is a tough dude but sadly that wont win him the fight against Franklin. Franklin is just as tought if not tougher... remember the beating he gave David with a broken hand?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah genetics is the biggest part played in your bone structure strength. Well, also don't forget to drink your milk/soy!! Getting sufficient calcium is probably pretty important too as far as bone strength goes. Mayweather is another one with real brittle hands.

As for Chuck or Rich? I think I have to go with Rich. Once people found out that as long as you don't try to take Chuck down and instead just stand toe to toe with him, you'll outstrike him. I mean you can't suck, obviously lol, but Rich is a good striker. In fact it's his strength, so I'm going with him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.