Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im hearing a lot of people say stuff like "Franklin will beat Silva when he gets solid clinch defence". Are any of you aware that Silva has so much more in his arsonal then knees in the clinch. The only way Franklin will do better is if he accepts the fact that his striking has absolutly nothing on Silva and tries taking it to the ground. Even if he dose take it to the ground I dont think he'd win to be quiet honest Silvas a BJJ blackbelt submitting him isnt gonna happen unless you have an amazing flying sciccorssubmision or if you get lucky. Silvas been caught in submissions but I doubt Franklin could pull out a sub on Silva. I think Silvas all around better and he can win the fight however he wants though Franklin posses a bit of a chance on the ground and if he was mentally scared fighting Silva the fisrt time imagine how intimidated he'd be in a second fight aginst a guy who made short work of him alrady.

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
why didn't he break the clinch?

·
Registered
8 Posts
What methods are there to defeat or munipulte a clinch? Wathcing the fight it seems so obvious how to manuever out of it, however, it is different when you are actually in the fight. So is there anyone on here who can support a solid offense to a clinch?

·
Registered
612 Posts
drivenfaster said:
What methods are there to defeat or munipulte a clinch? Wathcing the fight it seems so obvious how to manuever out of it, however, it is different when you are actually in the fight. So is there anyone on here who can support a solid offense to a clinch?
what people dont see is the "pressure"

it may look like he is simply holding his head but in the mauy thai clinch your pulling down AS HARD AS U CAN the hole time, so anderson was pulling his head down to the ground while throwing knees, with that kinda of pressure on ur neck its hard to concentrate and fire shots back perfectly.

I woudl never want to work inside anderson clinch i want to get out of that position all together.

·
Registered
379 Posts
asskicker said:
Well thats obvious...because he enjoyed getting kneed in the body and face multiple times. Duh. Or maybe because he couldnt and he was completly out muscled and out classed.
I just watched the fight again... I have never seen a clinch that strong before... was simply amazing. :confused:

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
defense against Silva's or any other great brazilian's clinch... don't get into it!!! Silva showed why everyone who neglects the full spectrum of Muay Thai is NOT a spectacular striker. i consider a striker, someone who knows how to throw ALL his weapons. look how few strikes silva actually threw, he only threw the ones that he "knew" would land! now, he's a great striker!

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
pt447 said:
defense against Silva's or any other great brazilian's clinch... don't get into it!!! Silva showed why everyone who neglects the full spectrum of Muay Thai is NOT a spectacular striker. i consider a striker, someone who knows how to throw ALL his weapons. look how few strikes silva actually threw, he only threw the ones that he "knew" would land! now, he's a great striker!
Yeah Anderson's striking is just unreal. It may be the best in the business right now. Glad to see you finally join us pt447

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.