Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Coleman Kids in the Ring Crying = CLASSLESS

3K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  asskicker 
It wasn't that big a deal. First off, it COULD have been staged but "this is fake" definitely didn't spring up in my mind. And children cry for just about anything, and I think it could be argued that what Coleman did was in the long run less traumatizing than just appearing at breakfast looking all jacked up. The girls will cry, get over it, and they will have learned that their big daddy can get hurt too. Who cares.

rdlviper said:
Who cares? I care.
I didn't pay $40 for a PPV to watch some little girls learn a life-lesson. That wasn't a fun thing to watch, and honestly, kind of ruined a bit of the show for me. It didn't need to be there. I don't care how we deals with his family, just don't make it a part of the PPV.
It was a disturbing scene!!
Totally valid, and don't take this as a rip directed only at you, but this is what's wrong with this country. They say there's too much violence on TV in this country and I say there's not enough, and what I mean by that is yes, there is too much GLAMORIZED violence on TV, but not enough REAL violence, images of what it means to get really hurt. If people saw more REAL violence, I think it would re-sensitize them, make them realize that violence isn't cool, and that maybe war isn't cool either. So the girls were forced to see their daddy bruised up? Maybe it's not a bad lesson to go along with them believing that their daddy beats people up for a living. And that daddy can get hurt, too, and maybe that'll make them more compassionate and realistic in the long run. [/unprovoked rant]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.