Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure.

• Conor made Cowboy look worse than either Ferguson or even Gaethje made him look (though not much worse than Gaethje).
• Conor is still evolving as a martial artist. The shoulder strikes were very creative and cool.
• Conor still has lethal kicks (some fighters lose those as they get old).
• Conor looked better at 170 but Cowboy is not a true WW (neither was Diaz).
• Cowboy is no longer a contender, probably, at any weight, but he's still a tough out.
• Conor might want to remain at WW, but I still think he is best at 155.

·
Premium Member
6,281 Posts
Conor knew Cowboy was looking for the left.

1st thing Conor did. Throw the left hand. Cowboy ducking under it setup those shoulder strikes.

To set up the left high kick which Cowboy was NOT looking for or expecting.

Conor with the 4D chess. 😄

·
The Title Guy
16,605 Posts
Conor is not the first fighter I've seen to utilize shoulder strikes but he is the most recent cause it's not a commonly utlized technique. Also I agree that Conor is more of a natural lightweight and in reality he is a lighter welterweight if he does go for it. The larger welterweights on game night would have something like 30 pounds on him.

·
Premium Member
6,281 Posts
Leading up to the fight. Cowboy's coach said: "we only have to worry about Conor's left hand and not being finished in round 1". I think Firas Zahabi talked about Conor's left hand as well. Everyone was talking about Conor's left.

I think Conor wanted to finish the fight with a left head kick to encourage them to get some new material.

·
Premium Member
6,281 Posts
Conor mentioned his vision being 20/10 or 20/15 in the lead up to UFC 246.

One of his eyes is really good. Which could be an advantage in depth perception and accuracy.

That's one thing I haven't seen anyone mention.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts