Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any news on this guy? Havent heard much about him since that nasty leg break, but i know its been awhile and i was wondering if he is hanging up the gloves or if he is going to attempt a return someday.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
It was a shame, I think he had potential, it was a freak accident. Hopefully he gets back into fighting form soon.

Well I heard it could take up to 1 1/2 - 2 years to recover from something like that, and it just happened last December. So he might be out for most of 2010 too. I wonder how his progress is though.
It's off topic and I can't rep you, good job on the Metalocalypse quote in your sig HAHA.

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
It was a shame, I think he had potential, it was a freak accident. Hopefully he gets back into fighting form soon.

It's off topic and I can't rep you, good job on the Metalocalypse quote in your sig HAHA.
lol i doubt they were the first to say that xD

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
I doubt he'll ever fight I mean thats fairly serious and when you consider how much muscle deterioration there would be while sitting around waiting to heal and the fact that the fact Cory fights at LW to begin with really shows putting muscle on his frame is not something that comes easily to him, I would be very surprised if we ever see him fight again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
There was a article a while ago about Corey it said he is recovering very fast and he should be back in action in the new year.He has been training his hands for months and just started with kicks a few weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
He is officially one crazy mofo and although Im not sure its a good idea for him I wish him the best,

·
Banned
525 Posts
The reason that happened is cuz he is what, 6'2", 6'3", and 155. He has no muscle anywhere on his body, so as long as he decides to fight at 155, he will break alot of bones. He needs to powerlift for at least 2 hours a day, everyday and comeback as either a welterweight or middleweight if he plans on making a career in MMA. With his current physique, any leg kick, thrown by or landed on Corey Hill's birdleg can break it right in half.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
The reason that happened is cuz he is what, 6'2", 6'3", and 155. He has no muscle anywhere on his body, so as long as he decides to fight at 155, he will break alot of bones. He needs to powerlift for at least 2 hours a day, everyday and comeback as either a welterweight or middleweight if he plans on making a career in MMA. With his current physique, any leg kick, thrown by or landed on Corey Hill's birdleg can break it right in half.
That seems like it would make sense...but it's not certain that is the case. You don't need bulky muscles to be strong if that's what you're implying. And I don't think muscle mass has anything to do with bone density. I am super lean and have been all my life, been a skateboarder for 10 years now. Did Judo, Aikido, and Kickboxing from age 8-18. Never broke a bone in my 23 years of life. I think Corey just should have drank more milk as a kid. That and for a bone to break that easily he probably already had a hairline fracture in it prior to the break.

·
Godless Heathen
4,144 Posts
That seems like it would make sense...but it's not certain that is the case. You don't need bulky muscles to be strong if that's what you're implying. And I don't think muscle mass has anything to do with bone density. I am super lean and have been all my life, been a skateboarder for 10 years now. Did Judo, Aikido, and Kickboxing from age 8-18. Never broke a bone in my 23 years of life. I think Corey just should have drank more milk as a kid. That and for a bone to break that easily he probably already had a hairline fracture in it prior to the break.
I agree with the milk comment. My mom made me drink as least 1 glass a day since i was very young. I played soccer, baseball, football, and rugby and never broke a bone.

Early this year i was going down stairs at work 3 at a time...the last set of 3 i landed sideways on my foot, heard a crack but yet it was just badly swollen and i was walking on pain-free within a week. I thought for sure it was broken, i went pale and was surprised i could still move it.

Corey needs some milk. :thumb02:

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
I agree with the milk comment. My mom made me drink as least 1 glass a day since i was very young. I played soccer, baseball, football, and rugby and never broke a bone.

Early this year i was going down stairs at work 3 at a time...the last set of 3 i landed sideways on my foot, heard a crack but yet it was just badly swollen and i was walking on pain-free within a week. I thought for sure it was broken, i went pale and was surprised i could still move it.

Corey needs some milk. :thumb02:
Yup same here. I've always drank loads of milk and still do. It's good stuff. I've sprained my ankles literally over a dozen times a piece from skateboarding and martial arts. Still no bone injuries though. Milk, it does a body good :thumb02:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts