Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey who has heard about this???

I think it's kinda weird to have Randy on the show again......But it still should be nice,GSP doesn't seem like the coaching type but hey it should be cool
whats your thoughts?

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
I really like GSP. And please don't get me wrong i am in now way being racists but he english is horrible. I'm canadian and i can't understand him. He is amazing and his camp is really good. But like really " I knew he was hurt when i slamed him and he went AGGGHHH" or " I 2 times better then before". I really like the guy and i'm not makeing fun of his french heritage i'm just saying it would be hard to understand him.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
moldy said:
I really like GSP. And please don't get me wrong i am in now way being racists but he english is horrible. I'm canadian and i can't understand him. He is amazing and his camp is really good. But like really " I knew he was hurt when i slamed him and he went AGGGHHH" or " I 2 times better then before". I really like the guy and i'm not makeing fun of his french heritage i'm just saying it would be hard to understand him.
I know, because he is French. You know how in those PPV's they ask the audience what they think is going to win then they asked him and hes like "arlofskin. he hevvy hittar." Then I saw him beat Frank Trigg then he started saying something in French and did that motion with his hands like he wanted the belt around his waste.

·
Banned
131 Posts
Rush said:
I know, because he is French. You know how in those PPV's they ask the audience what they think is going to win then they asked him and hes like "arlofskin. he hevvy hittar." Then I saw him beat Frank Trigg then he started saying something in French and did that motion with his hands like he wanted the belt around his waste.
He's gonna **** Hughes up, but if he doesnt then noone will, Rush is by far the best next to Hughes in the WW division.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
alamojj said:
He's gonna **** Hughes up, but if he doesnt then noone will, Rush is by far the best next to Hughes in the WW division.
Yeah, I'm waiting for a rematch. Last time Georges was way too inexperienced and not ready and it wasn't fair giving him a shot back then. Now he is way more of a better fighter and I think has the tools to TKO Hughes in the first round. I mean, Matt Hughes was owned by BJ Penn and Georges easily beat BJ Penn by decision.

·
Banned
131 Posts
Rush said:
Yeah, I'm waiting for a rematch. Last time Georges was way too inexperienced and not ready and it wasn't fair giving him a shot back then. Now he is way more of a better fighter and I think has the tools to TKO Hughes in the first round. I mean, Matt Hughes was owned by BJ Penn and Georges easily beat BJ Penn by decision.
I wouldnt say he easily beat Penn, but he did beat him. Penn and Rush were both beaten up pretty good.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Eminem said:
Hey who has heard about this???

I think it's kinda weird to have Randy on the show again......But it still should be nice,GSP doesn't seem like the coaching type but hey it should be cool
whats your thoughts?

All this decison show me is this....Dana White is very bias...Think about....Is Randy Couture the only guy on this show that knows how to fight? Hell no...What about Pat Miletich....What about Frank Shamrock?....That guys is the most underated UFC Champion ever....He totally raped Ortiz put you can't find any material on him anywhere...

But you never hear anything about any of these past legends....What about Vitor Belfort or Royce Gracie......?

This show needs someone that will pour there heart into these fighters...Not fighters that are only there for themselve like Ken Shamrock was.....Not say Couture is like that, because i really like Randy...I just think he's retired and he should stay that way....

He's poured his heart and soul into the UFC, so Dana should give that man a break and let him take a much needed vaction or give him an office job within the company.

·
Outta My Head
1,220 Posts
Steeda3 said:
All this decison show me is this....Dana White is very bias...Think about....Is Randy Couture the only guy on this show that knows how to fight? Hell no...What about Pat Miletich....What about Frank Shamrock?....That guys is the most underated UFC Champion ever....He totally raped Ortiz put you can't find any material on him anywhere...

But you never hear anything about any of these past legends....What about Vitor Belfort or Royce Gracie......?

This show needs someone that will pour there heart into these fighters...Not fighters that are only there for themselve like Ken Shamrock was.....Not say Couture is like that, because i really like Randy...I just think he's retired and he should stay that way....

He's poured his heart and soul into the UFC, so Dana should give that man a break and let him take a much needed vaction or give him an office job within the company.
Actually, I think the issue is that ALL of the guys you're mentioned are under contract, or doing other things, or wouldn't fit the bill at all. Let's look at your list:

Pat Miletich: Under contract with the IFL
Frank Shamrock: Running his own promotion
Vitor Belfort: Under contract with Pride
Royce Gracie: Under contract with K-1
Ken Shamrock: We all know what kind of joke that would be

I think the thing about Randy is that he's a great spokesman/ambassadour for the sport in general. Unlike other guys on TUF show who's been on there as a coach, he's the only one who actually coaches with some real passion for the guys under him. The only other guys who seemed to fit the bill were Tito Ortiz (just got done with TUF), and Rich Franklin (busy healing up and getting back into shape). If Randy is there as a spokesperson and a (part-time) trainer it doesn't hurt him at all.

Besides, Randy probably isn't complaining because he still stays involved in what he loves without risking getting beatdown at any given night.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Onganju said:
Pat Miletich: Under contract with the IFL
No, Pat Miletich hasn't had a match since 2001 against Lindland in the stupidest match ever in which Pat didn't even try in. Pat is now a coach however and his organization is the most successful and has the best and most fighters today. Tim Sylvia, Jens Pulver, etc.

·
Outta My Head
1,220 Posts
Dude, he's under contract for another organization. That's the reason why he's not being considered for being a coach on TUF. Even if he left undefeated from the UFC, I doubt he'd be asked to represent the UFC on television simply for the fact that he's currently employed by an organization that the UFC has a lawsuit against!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think Couture has a lot to offer in terms of teaching, he can't compete anymore but he brings a lot of knowledge to the table. I think it will be intersting to watch guys that have a good deal of fighting experience, then the fights won't be so boring I hope

·
Registered
222 Posts
Rush said:

I saw the GSP/BJ Penn fight and that fight was close and the decision was controversial. GSP certainly is a great fighter and I agree that at welterweight he is one of the best but this line of reasoning is a bit thin, (Penn beats Hughes, GSP beats Penn thereefore GSP beats Hughes). Both GSP and Hughes have more experience since their last fight. Hughes and GSP have looked great in their last few fights.

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BJ Penn can beat Hughes as well...People seem to forget about him...He made Matt tap.
Well this was a while back,Hughes go taged and pulled guard,Why i dont know??
But as for Pat haveing the best team maybe in the UFC Chuteboxe would destroy them.

·
Registered
157 Posts
moldy said:
hmmm yea i like gsp alot, but the accent is one of the reasons y! to me its very sexy and i can understand him, thats just cos i'm weird and where i come from you get alot of different cultutres and countries.
but i'm definately looking forward to seeing alot of him :p

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Coture's team got trashed worse then shamrocks did on TUF 1.
Alot of it had to do with the team he picked,He is a great coach and has alot to offer but i think he will learn from last time.THis should be interesting

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
rana said:
hmmm yea i like gsp alot, but the accent is one of the reasons y! to me its very sexy and i can understand him, thats just cos i'm weird and where i come from you get alot of different cultutres and countries.
but i'm definately looking forward to seeing alot of him :p
We will have to add a forum just for you then and you can transalte for me. LOL.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts