Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Do you think Fedor & M1 strategically planned this loss?

• Yeah it's possible

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • No Fedor honor's his record

Votes: 69 84.1%
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I dont know, it's just something about the way Fedor lost that doesnt sit right, how does he get caught in a triangle choke on Werdum's second attempt? It was clear that Werdum was trying to catch him in a triangle as soon as he got on his back, how did the great Fedor not see this coming? Fedor was and is still one of my top fav fighters, but could it be that he lost this fight strategically to avoid a real ko loss to Overeem, it is no secret Fedor has been ducking him in the past and now since Fedor has only 1 fight left he may just get another easy fight that he can win and move on with, without having a devastating loss or affect in his career.

http://mmahits.com/fighters/alistair-overeem/alistair-overeem-i-wanted-to-be-the-one-to-beat-fedor/

IS neg reps really worth giving for this its entirely an opinion/theory if u dont agree just say so or vot eon the pole dont attk me personally!

In my Opinion a KO is a bigger loss then getting caught in a submission.

·
Abusive
1,806 Posts
Fedor was trying pretty hard to get out of that triangle. I don't think it was his intention to get caught up in it, although it was a rookie mistake, and machines don't usually make mistakes.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Take a loss to avoid a loss? That would make no sense.

Also he's watched over by M1, if he really wanted to duck Overeem I'm pretty certain that they have much more effective methods than taking a loss to duck a fighter.

On top of that. I really don't see a fighter like Fedor ducking any fighter moving.

·
ASS MAN
6,063 Posts
No offense but are you fukking serious with this??? This is utter crap- Yeah Fedor decided to lose so he could go out with a loss but then get a win to save his career legacy by avoiding Overeem. Only Gary Coleman thinks this might be a good idea like him dying might resurrect his career. :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No offense but are you fukking serious with this??? This is utter crap- Yeah Fedor decided to lose so he could go out with a loss but then get a win to save his career legacy by avoiding Overeem. Only Gary Coleman thinks this might be a good idea like him dying might resurrect his career. :thumbsdown:
yeah im serious with this question, how the hell does Fedor lose and when he does so amateurishly, sure he may have just been over confident but that triangle choke was coming he shud have easily avoid it or atleast attempted to roll out of it like Machida did.

·
ASS MAN
6,063 Posts
So he makes a mistake and you turn it into that he did so to lose on purpose thinking "Hey I can lose like this to avoid Overeem and then get an easy fight to go out to save my legacy without a KO loss to Overeem that could tarnish it"?

Seriously?

Fighters make mistakes and no one is perfect especially in MMA. If you think Fedor made a dumb mistake that's one thing to think he did so on purpose to avoid Overeem is just crap.

If you want to question Fedor's mistake in the fight that's fine but to think he lost on purpose is insane.

·
Registered
211 Posts
My imagination runs wild sometimes to. I thought he could of lost so he doesnt get murdered by Overeem. But realistically he made a mistake and payed for it. Fedor has made mistakes in the past but gotten away with them. I think he thought he could of gotten away with this one to, but an in shape Werdum is a pretty dangerous man. This is the Werdum that should of been in the UFC, not the fat heavy one.

·
SikWithIt
2,539 Posts
You do realize that fighting Overeem would of been better for Fedor then Werdum right? Overeem and his K1 tactics against Fedor would of been sick to watch.

·
Call Me King
419 Posts
It was an odd loss, but it is just because we have never seen Fedor lose before. But this is ridiculous, Fedor is Fedor, if he does not want to fight Overeem, he would just need to say it and SF would be like "Okay" then bow down and kiss his feet.

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Not a chance, all roads leads to Overeem...what does he do lose to Werdum..Werdum loses to Overeem. Fedor beats his next opponent. No matter what its nearly impossible for him to duck overeem.

·
I Finish Threads
9,061 Posts
why would he dive a loss to one fighter to avoid another? it makes no sense. fedor got caught. his defense wasn't even that bad, he just happened to have the cage in the way on his initial roll to the right which gave Werdum the opportunity to slap the other leg up and sink the triangle.

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
Fedor was who he was because of his perfect Record... And he would have a ligit chance against Overeem easily... SO why would he guarantee himself a loss to his perfect record to avoid fighting someone....

Maybe you didnt think this through....

·
RNC - the fighting mans lullaby
1,849 Posts
Why do 80% of people spell lose as loose.
Because, despite the fact that these people spend a vast percentage of their time on internet forums, their grasp of the English language isnt as good as you'd think. Ironic really.

Last time i pointed that out, i got heaps of neg reps from the ignorant :thumb02:

Now, on topic. . .

I really cant believe some people think this might be the case. Maybe Fedor came up with this idea whilst visiting the fake moon landing set, which he got to via flying saucer driven by the FBI agent who killed Kennedy. . . . :confused03:

·
To the death George
2,306 Posts
Why would Fedor take loss from someone who is lower in the rankings and who he should of beat convincingly(according to everyone), in fear of losing to a guy who a lot of people think had a real chance of beating Fedor? Fedor losing to Werdum is worse than losing to Overreem IMO

·
WIDE OPEN
3,973 Posts
I dont know, it's just something about the way Fedor lost that doesnt sit right, how does he get caught in a triangle choke on Werdum's second attempt? It was clear that Werdum was trying to catch him in a triangle as soon as he got on his back, how did the great Fedor not see this coming? Fedor was and is still one of my top fav fighters, but could it be that he lost this fight strategically to avoid a real ko loss to Overeem, it is no secret Fedor has been ducking him in the past and now since Fedor has only 1 fight left he may just get another easy fight that he can win and move on with, without having a devastating loss or affect in his career.
QFT

LOL JK

·
Registered
24 Posts
Overeem is big and all, but he hasn't proved himself to be unbeatable. Todd Duffee was on the cover of Muscle and Fitness magazine and got knocked out by a fat guy. So, size doesn't always matter. even if you're built like an action figure.

I don't think there was any funny business going on with Fedor's lose. However, if he gets a Werdum rematch and wins convincingly, it does put him in a very advantagous spot as his contract expires to set up the Overeem match-up.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
Is there some sort of contest going on for the worst fedor thread? If so, I nominate this one just for the having the balls to post such a ridiculous theory.:praise01:

1 - 20 of 112 Posts