Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's on ufc.com, or am I missing the point here?
Oh ok, thanks. I was unaware that they posted it there. I thought it was just a tv thing.

*EDIT- I can't get it to play on UFC.com Anybody having this problem too?

I've been having some difficulties with ufc.com for a day or so. Something about the server.
Plus...mmaforum.com is my first choice in finding the things i want :thumb02:
And i found it.
So...
Happy:thumbsup:
Hah, no problem. :) Like I said, just in case anybody didn't catch it.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
When I watch on ufc.com I can't use any of the controls. I can only watch beginning to end. :confused02::confused02:

is that common?
i figured it might be because I'm using linux/chrome but I don't have any problems with most sites.

edit: I forgot to say thanks OP.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I watch on ufc.com I can't use any of the controls. I can only watch beginning to end. :confused02::confused02:

is that common?
i figured it might be because I'm using linux/chrome but I don't have any problems with most sites.

edit: I forgot to say thanks OP.
I can't get it to play on chrome or IE.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I know its for hype, but there are legitimate statistics out there stating that Carwin is in fact NOT as good of an athlete as Brock.

On a side note, being English i am somewhat lacking in amature wrestling knowledge - just how extensive is the gap between D1 and D2 Wrestling? Is Carwin right or is Brock right?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I know its for hype, but there are legitimate statistics out there stating that Carwin is in fact NOT as good of an athlete as Brock.

On a side note, being English i am somewhat lacking in amature wrestling knowledge - just how extensive is the gap between D1 and D2 Wrestling? Is Carwin right or is Brock right?
Well put it this way. there are 85 division 1 wrestling schools out there. After that you have your division 2. I would say it is like comparing the premiere league in soccer to MLS.

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts

There are exceptions but generally the guys in division 1 are better because they are facing better competition on a day-to-day basis. Also Division 1 schools generally have better coaches, training facilities, etc.

Carwin may be one of the exceptions as he was given Division 1 offers, but opted for a division 2 school so he could also play football. However, once he decided on a division 2 school his opportunities to improve were not as good as Brock's.

Brock was also the more dominate wrestler though only losing 5 matches ever. There is a HW champion for all 3 divisions each year and to win any one of them is an accomplishment. However, once every few years an athlete comes along that stands out from the rest. Brock was one such athlete.

So while Carwin was a very good hard working wrestler in college, Brock was a legend.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Well put it this way. there are 85 division 1 wrestling schools out there. After that you have your division 2. I would say it is like comparing the premiere league in soccer to MLS.
There are exceptions but generally the guys in division 1 are better because they are facing better competition on a day-to-day basis. Also Division 1 schools generally have better coaches, training facilities, etc.

Carwin may be one of the exceptions as he was given Division 1 offers, but opted for a division 2 school so he could also play football. However, once he decided on a division 2 school his opportunities to improve were not as good as Brock's.

Brock was also the more dominate wrestler though only losing 5 matches ever. There is a HW champion for all 3 divisions each year and to win any one of them is an accomplishment. However, once every few years an athlete comes along that stands out from the rest. Brock was one such athlete.

So while Carwin was a very good hard working wrestler in college, Brock was a legend.

Thanks for the information, both repped :thumb02:

·
Cheeky freak of the week
1,646 Posts
Brock was diagnosed with a fatal sickness and the next day he went for a week long deer hunt. What a badass this dude is.

"Thats why theres different divisions, because not everyone can be at the Division 1 level. Theres other divisions for these other guys that don't quite have what it takes, so these guys don't go and hang themselves at the end of the day."

That is some gold trashtalk right there.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Brock was diagnosed with a fatal sickness and the next day he went for a week long deer hunt. What a badass this dude is.

"Thats why theres different divisions, because not everyone can be at the Division 1 level. Theres other divisions for these other guys that don't quite have what it takes, so these guys don't go and hang themselves at the end of the day."

That is some gold trashtalk right there.
As a current d3 college wrestler, as well as a person who has suffered from clinical depression in the past, I was pretty upset about that last part. Was rooting for Brock, now... Idk. I guess i just want to see a good fight.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts