Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Your decision after two rounds?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Don't leave it in the hands of the judges."

This phrase heavily implies that the judges can't be trusted to witness what is happening in front of their own eyes. Lately there have been some decisions that are worthy of discussion. One of these decisions is McGee vs Ring.

My impression was that Ring won round 1, I'm pretty sure we can all agree on that. I thought round 2 was all McGee. He was the aggressor, landed some pretty good strikes and blocked almost everything that Ring had to offer. Maybe I'm still in the heat of the moment, but I thought McGee won round 2 and there was no way that anyone could score it otherwise. Then I hear two judges gave both rounds to Ring and he moves on in the competition. Obviously McGee is the one who will get the Wild Card spot on Chuck's team, but I still think the fight should have gone to a third round. Who knows what would have happened?

Sorry if this has turned out to be sort of a rant.

Opinions?

·
"I
6,923 Posts
Third round for sure. The last round was sort of a dead heat though but I do think McGee landed more. Thing is though, I'm pretty sure if that went to a third Ring would've won it, McGee was on point for the first 3 minutes of that round but after that he started getting a bit sloppy and Ring was landing unchecked kicks at will.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
i rewatched the 2nd round again and paid attention to Ring specifically this time, and yes he did do more than in thought he did when i was watching only to pull for Court, but he did not do better by far.

3rd round for sure.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Definitely should have gone to a third round. I was really disappointed that it didn't. That kind of fight is just too close to call.

Also, I have mad respect for Court for not even stopping to take a moment after getting kicked in the gonads about two minutes in. That takes serious balls. No pun intended....

Oh who the hell am I kidding? Of course the pun was intended.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Ring controlled about 3 of the 5 minutes in that round but McGee did a little more damage and for a couple minutes did enough that he could have stole that round. It was close and there probably should have been a 3rd round but I can see the reasoning(although it is this reasoning that I believe the scoring system is slightly flawed andthat it leads to fighters trying to simply outpoint each other).

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
I say Court, bar Ring controlling him on the matt at the start Court was the aggressor and generally did more in the fight, I say McGee all the way...

·
Registered
1 Posts
i was just watching the footage of the fight and if you watch the judges you will notice they are not watching the fight. literally. they have their heads turned away a lot of times. i just wrote the nsac an email and i think if you have spare time you should too. this judging situation is getting out of hand.

·
Let Me Bang Bro
1,967 Posts
I had it round 1 for Ring and round 2 for McGee

·
Registered
742 Posts
Neither guy really did much honestly it's just that the way alot of the fighters were talking Nick Ring up and since he was Tito's first pick I was expecting more out of him, according to previews Nick Ring might get injured in this week's episode, alot of injuries this season.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.