Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
Thank you sir! This is what I come here for. ( i know I could search youtube but here is better.)

Randy is simply the coolest Athlete competing today.

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
I think interviews like that are why Randy is fighting Toney and not someone else. Randy is the sort of guy who has the ability to pull some die hard boxing fans into paying attention to MMA. He did a great job of stating boxers talk a lot without saying that MMA > Boxing.

Randy - class act all the way!

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Call me crazy but I think toney will have some tricks in his bags and will pull the upset. Randy is the man and will not take the ***** way out. He will stand with james toney.

·
You're not terribly important to me
15,563 Posts
isn't randy working with brock for a while or something? i saw a youtube video preparing for 116 with randy and brock

Reactions: Killz

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
Call me crazy but I think toney will have some tricks in his bags and will pull the upset. Randy is the man and will not take the ***** way out. He will stand with james toney.
You're an MMA fan and calling the ground game the bitch way out? Seriously? Go watch Boxing or K-1 to avoid people fighting like bitches then.

Can't wait for this, Randy by first round spanking. I think Toney will want out as soon as he's dumped on his head and punched a few times. When he realises there is nothing he can do to stop Randy from destroying him.

Reactions: limba

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
You're an MMA fan and calling the ground game the bitch way out? Seriously? Go watch Boxing or K-1 to avoid people fighting like bitches then.

Can't wait for this, Randy by first round spanking. I think Toney will want out as soon as he's dumped on his head and punched a few times. When he realises there is nothing he can do to stop Randy from destroying him.
It is like this if your fighting a fight which u know ur the heavy favourite. U have the advantage everywhere with the exception of striking. Would u go for the easy win which you know you can get anytime or would you challenge your self and win in the area where you have a weakness.

I love the ground game but when you have someone who has zero experience on the ground then that is just wrong. Randy is a pro fighter he does train boxing...toney is a pro boxers, its not like Randy boxing is not good. He has some of the best dirty boxing and clinch work in the game today.

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
It is like this if your fighting a fight which u know ur the heavy favourite. U have the advantage everywhere with the exception of striking. Would u go for the easy win which you know you can get anytime or would you challenge your self and win in the area where you have a weakness.

I love the ground game but when you have someone who has zero experience on the ground then that is just wrong. Randy is a pro fighter he does train boxing...toney is a pro boxers, its not like Randy boxing is not good. He has some of the best dirty boxing and clinch work in the game today.
I disagree. Toney is stepping into MMA, why should he be given special treatment because he lacks the skill to compete in it? Why should Randy hand over his advantage to Toney and try and strike with him?

So if Toney somehow manages to stuff every take down, is he being a bitch because he's got such a big advantage standing? And by your logic, he should try and go to the ground with Randy as that's where his biggest weakness is.

Sorry, I just don't agree with your reasoning at all.

Reactions: Killz

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
I disagree. Toney is stepping into MMA, why should he be given special treatment because he lacks the skill to compete in it? Why should Randy hand over his advantage to Toney and try and strike with him?

So if Toney somehow manages to stuff every take down, is he being a bitch because he's got such a big advantage standing? And by your logic, he should try and go to the ground with Randy as that's where his biggest weakness is.

Sorry, I just don't agree with your reasoning at all.
See Randy has the advantage everywhere, Toney is the better puncher but Randy is the better striker overall. Toney has zero MMA experience you can't deny that the UFC is throwing him to the wolves. If randy takes him to the ground and beats his ass it is expected. Because toney does not know shit about MMA he is a boxer trying to prove a point. Realistically I don't think toney has a ground game and is just coming in there to strike with Randy. Like Dana said this is a freak show, Kimbo slice got spoon feed with his opponents. Kinda unfair but justify they threw toney in with a wrestler. Personally I rooting for toney because we all know what randy is going to do to win and what toney has to do to win. On paper this is like a handicap match and i feel if randy takes the fight to the ground he is taking the easy way out. It will be a different story if toney rocks him and he uses his strength to win. But if he starts of the fight with a take down I just don't think its fair.

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
See Randy has the advantage everywhere, Toney is the better puncher but Randy is the better striker overall. Toney has zero MMA experience you can't deny that the UFC is throwing him to the wolves. If randy takes him to the ground and beats his ass it is expected. Because toney does not know shit about MMA he is a boxer trying to prove a point. Realistically I don't think toney has a ground game and is just coming in there to strike with Randy. Like Dana said this is a freak show, Kimbo slice got spoon feed with his opponents. Kinda unfair but justify they threw toney in with a wrestler. Personally I rooting for toney because we all know what randy is going to do to win and what toney has to do to win. On paper this is like a handicap match and i feel if randy takes the fight to the ground he is taking the easy way out. It will be a different story if toney rocks him and he uses his strength to win. But if he starts of the fight with a take down I just don't think its fair.
WHY though? Toney wants to compete in MMA, why the hell should he get special treatment? Was it unfair that Koscheck took Daley down without wanting to strike? Take downs are part of MMA, Toney signed the contract. There is nothing unfair about Randy doing everything he can to win.

Toney doesn't think it's unfair. He'll just 'throw dat bitch aside' remember?

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
WHY though? Toney wants to compete in MMA, why the hell should he get special treatment? Was it unfair that Koscheck took Daley down without wanting to strike? Take downs are part of MMA, Toney signed the contract. There is nothing unfair about Randy doing everything he can to win.

Daley and Kos is a different story both guys are real mma fighters. TOney is in there cause he defending boxing and maybe he had to many shots to the head. It is all politics can you name me one new comer to mma that was facing an elite fighter in his debut? Dana is trying to prove a point here that is where i question it. Its like if brock lesnar took up boxing and they threw him in with mike tyson. Y should toney get special treatment that is what i'm going to ask you. Facing randy in your mma debut is special treatment. Its all about Dana's ego in this fight, Toney is in there to lose all the cards are stack against him. Randy might as well stand up with the guy and give him a chance...Remember Randy is still the better striker standing up, I don't think toney can throw knees or kicks.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts

He's an irrelevant boxer that should be retired, wants a spotlight and a paycheck. He should be fighting Jose Conseco in a some local show, not in the UFC.

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
Daley and Kos is a different story both guys are real mma fighters. TOney is in there cause he defending boxing and maybe he had to many shots to the head. It is all politics can you name me one new comer to mma that was facing an elite fighter in his debut? Dana is trying to prove a point here that is where i question it. Its like if brock lesnar took up boxing and they threw him in with mike tyson. Y should toney get special treatment that is what i'm going to ask you. Facing randy in your mma debut is special treatment. Its all about Dana's ego in this fight, Toney is in there to lose all the cards are stack against him. Randy might as well stand up with the guy and give him a chance...Remember Randy is still the better striker standing up, I don't think toney can throw knees or kicks.
Toney is in there because he wants to be, he's a big name in the boxing world, he also ASKED for a huge name. He actually wanted Lesnar or Liddell. So Dana said 'alright fine'. Why shouldn't Dana be proving a point? Toney's mouthing off about MMA, about MMA fighters and the sport as a whole. He doesn't think MMA fighters can fight, damn straight throw him to the wolves and show him how very wrong he is.

I really don't see the logic in 'give the guy a chance' in a fight.

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Toney is in there because he wants to be, he's a big name in the boxing world, he also ASKED for a huge name. He actually wanted Lesnar or Liddell. So Dana said 'alright fine'. Why shouldn't Dana be proving a point? Toney's mouthing off about MMA, about MMA fighters and the sport as a whole. He doesn't think MMA fighters can fight, damn straight throw him to the wolves and show him how very wrong he is.

I really don't see the logic in 'give the guy a chance' in a fight.
lol ur cold hearted, Toney was just trying to sell tickets he does have that boxers mentality. Go after the biggest payday and be the loudest mouth there. Chuck and Lesnar are both the highest paid and are meal tickets. We will see how toney does, I'm also cheering for him.

·
The Fun Police
11,565 Posts
James Toney is a fool and my guess is he will gas before the end of the 1st round....if he even gets to the end of the 1st round.

Randy is gonna win this one easy. Cant wait to see the vBookie odds.

P.S - Everyone say thanks to KryOnicle cos i had to rep nearly everyone in this thread so i could leave him some +rep for saying pretty much what i was thinking in this thread.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts