Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this came up at another thread and I think it needs further discussion! Why is it that all these crappy TUF fighters like Jorge Gurgel, Mike Nickels, Keith Jardine, and Danni Abaddi get a shot at Pay-Per-Veiw while the more experianced and exciting fighters like Ed Herman, Kendall Grove, and Seth Petruzelli have to fight on free t.v. I don't mind seeing them for free but it seems wierd to me! Who would pay 40 bucks to see Keith Jardine vs. Mike Nickels? What did these two do that was so special? Seth might have choked in his fight with Brad Imes but he came back from that defeat and ended up beating Dan Severn! Kendall Grove is the Ultimate Fighter, he should be put in Pay-Per-View along with Ed Herman! What are your thoughts on this?

·
Crazy Kicker
957 Posts
ot does seem a bit wired but i think they are trying to get them in the lime light a then put them on PPV

·
Banned
723 Posts
It doesn't really matter. The casual fans only order the PPV for the main events and the hardcore fans will order it no matter who is fighting in the undercard.

Pogo

·
Registered
130 Posts
while this doesn't bother me for the most part, i don't understand why the UFC keeps giving this jorge gurgel clown repeated chances to redeem himself. didn't he eek out the win in his last fight? he's so horrible; and danny abaddi stepping in the octagon for an official UFC fight was something I don't feel he deserved, even though i'm not sure of the outcome of his match. did he win? something tells me he didn't.

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Coldblue said:
while this doesn't bother me for the most part, i don't understand why the UFC keeps giving this jorge gurgel clown repeated chances to redeem himself. didn't he eek out the win in his last fight? he's so horrible; and danny abaddi stepping in the octagon for an official UFC fight was something I don't feel he deserved, even though i'm not sure of the outcome of his match. did he win? something tells me he didn't.
Gurgel won be decision! He had a hard time finishing Danny because he hurt his knee again!

·
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
2,458 Posts
Bonnar426 said:
Okay, this came up at another thread and I think it needs further discussion! Why is it that all these crappy TUF fighters like Jorge Gurgel, Mike Nickels, Keith Jardine, and Danni Abaddi get a shot at Pay-Per-Veiw while the more experianced and exciting fighters like Ed Herman, Kendall Grove, and Seth Petruzelli have to fight on free t.v. I don't mind seeing them for free but it seems wierd to me! Who would pay 40 bucks to see Keith Jardine vs. Mike Nickels? What did these two do that was so special? Seth might have choked in his fight with Brad Imes but he came back from that defeat and ended up beating Dan Severn! Kendall Grove is the Ultimate Fighter, he should be put in Pay-Per-View along with Ed Herman! What are your thoughts on this?
prolly to get them even more famous if they win in good fashion

·
LEGEND
1,684 Posts
Bonnar426 said:
With all due respect, this is a pretty weak arguement dude. Kendall and Herman are both brand new to the UFC. They may be on free TV - but I'm sure they're not complaining since free TV is responsible for everything they have now. Other fighters with less skill maybe on PPV but it is Herman and Kendall that both earn 6 figures. I'm not sure why you posted this thread:dunno:

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I don't get it, PRIDE FC has former champions and top contenders opening the PPVs and UFC has Ultimate Fighter rejects in the PPV, its just laughable.

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
putmeonhold said:
With all due respect, this is a pretty weak arguement dude. Kendall and Herman are both brand new to the UFC. They may be on free TV - but I'm sure they're not complaining since free TV is responsible for everything they have now. Other fighters with less skill maybe on PPV but it is Herman and Kendall that both earn 6 figures. I'm not sure why you posted this thread:dunno:
My whole point is that people pay 40 bucks to watch these fights! For forty dollars we should be seeing top quality fighters not Keith Jardine and Mike Nickels! Kendall and Ed are both capable of putting up a good fight, we saw that on the TUF finale! Jardine just sticks to leg kicks and Nickels is a sloppy striker! I love seeing fights on free t.v. (mainly because it is free) but for a Pay-Per-View event I want to see a real good fight so I know I am not wasting my money!

·
Registered
268 Posts
MMA freak said:
I don't get it, PRIDE FC has former champions and top contenders opening the PPVs and UFC has Ultimate Fighter rejects in the PPV, its just laughable.

How the hell did you achieve mod status?

All of your posts are degrading the UFC in one way or another. Its at a very annoying point.

This isnt an attack on you, but seriously, its getting really old.

The UFC wants to put names that the average fan knows. AKA, the ULtimate Fighter ****s. Its really that simple. Dont complain for free shit. WTF is wrong with people these days.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Bonnar426 said:
Gurgel won be decision! He had a hard time finishing Danny because he hurt his knee again!
meh, at least danny 'grape juice moustache' abaddi didn't win. on another note, i think keith jardine has proven himself as a competent UFC fighter.

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
the whole purpouse of TUF was not to find the next big UFC star... it was to create characters that the average viewer could recognize, so that they would be more inclined to buy PPV's with people they recognized on the card.

that's the point of TUF!

·
Banned
723 Posts
pt447 said:
the whole purpouse of TUF was not to find the next big UFC star... it was to create characters that the average viewer could recognize, so that they would be more inclined to buy PPV's with people they recognized on the card.

that's the point of TUF!

And to that end they have been very successful in terms of increase attendence, murchandising and PPV buyrates. Its a smart business move on their part.

Pogo

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
spearsoldier said:
How the hell did you achieve mod status?

All of your posts are degrading the UFC in one way or another. Its at a very annoying point.

This isnt an attack on you, but seriously, its getting really old.

The UFC wants to put names that the average fan knows. AKA, the ULtimate Fighter ****s. Its really that simple. Dont complain for free shit. WTF is wrong with people these days.
I liked UFC way more from 1-49, nowadays its becoming ridicolous and so are the cards. I still watch every PPV and know about it since my brother likes it a lot but I've turned to PRIDE FC and K-1 for obvious reasons. And I don't try to attack UFC in every post I make, in a debate I do based on PRIDE FC .vs. UFC but not out of no where. I just said PRIDE FC has way better cards than UFC which is the truth, UFC still has some good PPVs but cards like 62 and PPVs like 61 and 60, they are going no where.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
putmeonhold said:
Well correct me if Im wrong. But Im pretty sure Mike Nickels and Danny Abbadi were on the the same season as Kendall and Ed. So they came to the UFC at the same time.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
asskicker said:
Well correct me if Im wrong. But Im pretty sure Mike Nickels and Danny Abbadi were on the the same season as Kendall and Ed. So they came to the UFC at the same time.
And Ross Pointon is fighting at Fight Night 8 I have heard, I hope they took him out, Luke Cummo would have dominated him.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Well, if the fight stayed on its feet, Ross could potentially knock Cummo out. Cummo may be unorthodox and tough as hell, but he's stoppable and Pointon could definitely be the one to stop him.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Luke Cummo can beat Rory Singer easily, I think he would outgrapple him to get a boring decision. And Rory Singer beat Ross Pointon in 40 seconds. Ross Pointon, Danny Abaddi, John Rafferty, Jason Thacker, I don't know why they allow these rejects to come on the show, my cousin can take them out even.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts