Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daniel Cormier, who currently works for the UFC, has officially retired from active competition. While many other fighters have complained about low pay, the two-division champion turned UFC commentator recently praised the promotion again for giving him monetary bonuses throughout his career.

“When people talk about ‘You’re a white knight for the UFC’ why wouldn’t I be? They changed my life,” Cormier said on ESPN.

“After I had lost to Jon Jones, Lorenzo Fertitta gave me a million dollars. Him and Dana gave me a million dollars. They actually called me and said, ‘We are going to give you a million dollars for for the job that you’ve done,” he said.

“So when people say, ‘Wow you made $80 to fight Jon Jones and that was a big pay-per-view...’ No, they gave me a million dollars. I didn’t get PPV (points), I was just a challenger fighting a guy who has defended his belt all those times.”

Cris Cyborg, who has had a very long and public feud with Dana White after the way UFC treated her, wasn’t happy with Cormier’s statements. She called out the color-commentator for being a paid UFC “shill,” in a tweet that has since been deleted.

Cyborg posting word for word the same anti UFC sentiment Leslie Smith is known for.

·
The Title Guy
17,199 Posts
If they pay him the way they said they paid him then of course he's going to be a shill because he's getting paid lots of money. That just means he had a different experience then Cyborg did with the organization. The fact of the matter is company men are paid for their loyalty and Cormier was done so and now has a position with the WME-IMG UFC.

·
Premium Member
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its clear to me Cyborg and Leslie Smith are being fed a script to read. They're pushing political agendas. Like Colin Kaepernick.

I hope china or whoever is paying them well. Selling out your credibility for $$$ usually means your career as an athlete is close to being over.

·
The Title Guy
17,199 Posts
That might be the case if it weren't for the fact that Cyborg were the organizations champion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts