Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

1. Yosuke Nishijima vs. Evangerista Cyborg
Winner- Cyborg by Submission

2. Antonio Rodorigo Nogueira vs. Josh Barnett (Semi-Finals)
Winner- Josh Barnett by decision

3. Mirko CroCop vs. Wanderlei Silva (Semi-Finals)
Winner- Mirko CroCop by KO/TKO

4. Sergei Kharitonov vs. Alexander Emelianenko
Winner- Emelianenko by Kneestrikes

5. Lee Tae Hyun vs. Ricardo Morais
Winner- Morais by Doctor stoppage

6. Kazuhiro Nakamura vs. Yoshihiro Nakao
Winner- Nakamura by decision

7. Mauricio Shogun vs. The Snake
Winner- Shogun by TKO

8. Ricardo Arona vs. Alstair Overeem
Winner- Arona by submission

9. Mirko CroCop vs. Josh Barnett (Finals)
Winner- Mirko CroCop the 2006 Absolute Champion (Happy Birthday Mirko)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Damn, I expected Cro cop to win, but not that good. lol...He did great. Big ups to him, I was very very impressed. Def a come back from the losses to Randleman and Fedor..Didn't expect Wandy to get knocked like that. He didn't seem like himself. Gaining 20 lbs is hard to catch up when you are known for your agility and great stamina. Just wasn't his night. Cro cop was the better man. Nog could've done better.

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This was a very good show with the exception of the Kazuhiro Nakamura vs. Yoshihiro Nakao fight, neither one of them did anything. The crowd even booed him at the end. :laugh:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Didn't even watch that shit. Wasn't worth my time, took a little nap through that fight. Besides that, it was a great event. Def well worth it! Unless your an axe murderer fan..lol.

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WandyBJPenn said:
Didn't even watch that shit. Wasn't worth my time, took a little nap through that fight. Besides that, it was a great event. Def well worth it! Unless your an axe murderer fan..lol.
So true.....if you look at the other thread and all the ppl who voted for him :thumbsdown:. Barnett took a beating from CroCop, very impressive. I knew Silva was going to get KTFO.

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't wait til Shockwave 2006 for the rematch of Fedor Emelianenko vs. Mirko CroCop!

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
wow great card, cro cop looked very impressive..im curious to see what all those retards that said wandy would beat crocop and that chuck would beat crocop are saying now..wandy was picked apart..ive never seen him take a beating like that ever, awesome!! barnett suprised me , i didnt think he could get by nog but he did...there really wasnt any drama in the final, i knew crocop was gonna blast barnett, crocop just has his number..my man shogun, looked good as usual, coleman's a dead man walking..and my other man aleks did his thing beating a very tuff guy in kharitonov..o yea and arona blew right through overeem!! GOOD STUFF!! any opinions on fedor crocop 2? mine is the same as last time except fedor doesnt let it go to a decision he submits him in the 2nd

·
Registered
45 Posts
oh yea I can def see that fight happenin. Can't tell who would win. Fedor just gotta be in the zone unlike Wandy. He should've given this dude Cro cop a better fight..def not the same dude we all used to seeing. His head wasn't in it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
yes it was an excellent event, worth loosing a nites sleep over lol

the silva fight was a lil heartbreaking, but he'll be back kick Arona's ass again and bust up Chuck hopefully

Looks like it's gonna be the year of the Crocop, he looked very well conditioned in both fights and it looked like he took very little damage at the end of the night

I'll have to see how Fedor looks after the Coleman fight b4 i can pick Mirko over Fedor.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
How did CroCop beat Barnett? I mean was it a decision or KO or what? I don't see it on the results but everything else says how they won. Man I wish I wasn't so broke so I could get this PPV but I gotta decide between this PPV or BJ Penn vs. Matt Hughes. I hope the UFC PPV is better than this PRIDE one because I almost decided to get the PRIDE one instead, but I can't pass up a BJ fight.

·
"Minotauro" Nogueira
496 Posts
This show was amazing. I was going to order it on tv but I haven't got ebough sleep in awhile. I watched it on the computer instead. I will order The Real Deal though to support Pride FC.

Fight Of The Night goes to-Barnett vs Nog. Mirko has become one of my favouirtes after this event. Next time though I can't come on the computer the day of the event.

·
Registered
82 Posts
no way anything UFC puts on will be better than this event

Barnett tapped just b4 the round was gonna end, it looked like he got hit in the eye and it really hurt him bad

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
WouldLuv2FightU said:
How did CroCop beat Barnett? I mean was it a decision or KO or what? I don't see it on the results but everything else says how they won. Man I wish I wasn't so broke so I could get this PPV but I gotta decide between this PPV or BJ Penn vs. Matt Hughes. I hope the UFC PPV is better than this PRIDE one because I almost decided to get the PRIDE one instead, but I can't pass up a BJ fight.
cro cop was doin some ground and poun on barnett and caught him with a good shot in the eye and barnett tapped right away...bj go to dailymotion.com and type in ow gp 2006..they got every fight on there, u wans have to pay ish

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
CroCop accidentally poked Barnett in the eye and it hurt him pretty bad and he tapped.

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
His eye was already starting to swell. After the fight they huged and Barnet spoke to the fans and said he will climb back to the top.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts