Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dont get me wrong I think Cro Cop is p4p the second best fighter in the world right now. But I think he's argueably the second best. I dont even know if he's the second best HW. I mean yeah he won the OWGP but he beat a Wanderlei whose style he matches up great against and a fatigued Barnett. I think he does desreve a title shot for winning the OWGP and has the best shot out of anybody to beat Fedor but I wanna see him avenge his losses to Nog and Hunt. I think Nog could beat him again Nogs really been gettin no love lately. I've heard comments like Fedor is god of MMA and Mirkos the Jesus Christ. I dont think Mirko deserves that title yet Nog could easily be the Christ if you know what I mean. Now Im startin to ramble so just give me some thoughts.

·
Hammer Fist Elbow
350 Posts
asskicker said:
Dont get me wrong I think Cro Cop is p4p the second best fighter in the world right now. But I think he's argueably the second best. I dont even know if he's the second best HW. I mean yeah he won the OWGP but he beat a Wanderlei whose style he matches up great against and a fatigued Barnett. I think he does desreve a title shot for winning the OWGP and has the best shot out of anybody to beat Fedor but I wanna see him avenge his losses to Nog and Hunt. I think Nog could beat him again Nogs really been gettin no love lately. I've heard comments like Fedor is god of MMA and Mirkos the Jesus Christ. I dont think Mirko deserves that title yet Nog could easily be the Christ if you know what I mean. Now Im startin to ramble so just give me some thoughts.
I don't know about being over rated because of his devistating kicks but I agree Nog isnt very noticed lately but he still gots some skill. "Christ" is taking it over the edge, though.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
i dunno if you guys have seen the whole fight between crocop and nog, but crocop was killing nog b4 getting caught in that sub..Hunt is a terrible match up for Crocop, Hunt took everything in crocops aresenal and it didnt stop him, i think Hunt would beat him again if they faught, Hunt is a bad match up for crocop. But right now noone can argue that Crocop is the 2nd best fighter in the world, Fedor is the only fighter who doesnt have match up problems, Crocops not flawless but the man is a beast

·
WTF Chuck, Fight Me!
1,784 Posts
asskicker said:
i completly agree with this. If he wants to be respected standing up, he has to beat mark hunt. As for Nogueira, i think he can beat him again(probably a decision, as nogueira seems unknockable)... nog really got "lucky", in the sense that his armbar was just great, but it was a mistake by cro cop when he made that sweep.

But the fight against Mark hunt, he really has to win, and im not so sure he can... he didnt look good against hunt in his fight, and i dont see what he could of improved.

But I still rank him 2nd best HW, for the simple reason that :

Hunt cant fight a ground fighter(nogueira would beat him, barnett did already)

Barnett lost for the 3rd time to him, and while fatigue was a factor, i dont think its enough to justify his lost. Somehow he should be the one that can beat mirko tho..

Nogueira should be ahead of Barnett, i think he was just too passive in his fight, else he would of won. But against mirko, he was unable to get a takedown(but the one time he did, he won), and his boxing skills cant match Mirko's stand up skills.

As for the 2 UFC fighters(Sylvia and the other guy), i dont know anything about them, but apparently they arent that great.

I have a lot of trouble ranking p4p fighters, because its simply so hard to judge... so him being 2nd best, i dont know, but 2nd best HW, he is, but only by "default"(for the reasons i mentionned above). Mirko is like a Wanderlei Silva in the HW, hes untreatable standing up, and its hard to take him down... but if there was an arona kind of fighter against mirko, unlike silva, mirko would stand no chance at all.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Hunt beat Crocop bc he didnt want to take him to the ground. Next time, CroCop will be smarter. HE can prolly submit Hunt too. It s weird to say but he s that much better on the ground than Hunt. As far as Nog goes, well he'd just knock him out (IMO)

·
Registered
114 Posts
cro cop would either take hunt down and submit him(his submissions aren't great but hunt has no ground game at all) or would GNP him. cro cop's GNP is light years away from what it used to be.

nog would get knocked out imo, plus nog already lost twice to fedor...

barnett deserves a title shot soon though, if cop is injured then barnett should get the shot...

but i think fedor would beat cro cop again fedor's just that good :)

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok again I dont want people to misconstrude what I said. I do think Mirkos the second best HW. But I guess I dont think he's as great as alot of people make him out to be. I mean he's not Fedor #2. Hunt and Nog beat Cro Cop and I actually think they could both do it agin, not saying they would. Match up problems is no excuse. The reason Fedor is the best is because theres no one he matches up bad against. If he wnats to be considered as good as Fedor he has to match up well with everyone like Fedor.

H does match up much better with Fedor than Nog and has the best chance of beating him. But that number 2 spot at HW is more available right now than people think if Fedor loses to Cro Cop.

·
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
2,458 Posts
asskicker said:

not overrated... btu u gotta love the ****riders who jump on fighters bandwagons right after they win...

i mean 95% of ppl on this site thought Rich Franklin was gonna beat Silva.. but since he fgot smashed.. they all became anderson silva fans acting like he was god..

same with cro cop after he KO'd wanderlei and beat barnett

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
bob said:
cro cop would either take hunt down and submit him(his submissions aren't great but hunt has no ground game at all) or would GNP him. cro cop's GNP is light years away from what it used to be.

nog would get knocked out imo, plus nog already lost twice to fedor...

barnett deserves a title shot soon though, if cop is injured then barnett should get the shot...

but i think fedor would beat cro cop again fedor's just that good :)
ya but cro cops take downs arent all that great would he be able to do it without getting caught?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Organik said:
not overrated... btu u gotta love the ****riders who jump on fighters bandwagons right after they win...

i mean 95% of ppl on this site thought Rich Franklin was gonna beat Silva.. but since he fgot smashed.. they all became anderson silva fans acting like he was god..

same with cro cop after he KO'd wanderlei and beat barnett
i ****ing hate that i was that 95% but even after i admit hes nice to watch but i wouldnt excatly call myself a fan cause i havent really seen enough and im a bit of a wanderlei nut hugger so i still think hes god no matter who beats him unless gomi jumped up to middleweight hahaha

·
Registered
388 Posts
I wish Cro cop would go destroy the UFC heavyweights and steal the belt from Sylvia. Then give the belt up and return to Pride, just for the hell of it. It's time that America realizes that the second best fighter in Pride is eons ahead of the best Heavyweights here.....:laugh:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'd like to see a rematch of that last cro-cop vs. Barnett fight. Cro-cop was winning but Barnett turned and tapped out due to an inadvertant poke to the eye. I've seen eye pokes that changed fights but never saw a guy tap from one before. Cro-cop vs fedor is one I need to see again also but I love Mirko's stand up.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Hawkdomination said:
I'd like to see a rematch of that last cro-cop vs. Barnett fight. Cro-cop was winning but Barnett turned and tapped out due to an inadvertant poke to the eye. I've seen eye pokes that changed fights but never saw a guy tap from one before. Cro-cop vs fedor is one I need to see again also but I love Mirko's stand up.
Fourth fight? Its not gonna heppen

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I personallly dont think CroCop is a top 5 P4P fighter in the world right now, but i also dont think he is overrated, he is the man at HVW next too Fedor & Nog , hes got the complete package , he just needs to work on his cardio abit for the next time he fights Fedor

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Punishment 101 said:
I personallly dont think CroCop is a top 5 P4P fighter in the world right now, but i also dont think he is overrated, he is the man at HVW next too Fedor & Nog , hes got the complete package , he just needs to work on his cardio abit for the next time he fights Fedor
Next to Nog? Please...

·
Registered
669 Posts
Hes got the best takedown defence in the world and the best all around strikes.

How do you not find Cro Cop in atleast the top 3 in the world?

I think he's got a good chance to beat Fedor in his next PRIDE fight.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts