Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/6/14/1517234/ufc-115-mirko-cro-cop-talks#comments

"In addition to winning the Pride Grand Prix Finals, [UFC 115] it’s my favorite fight of my career [but] most of the training proved to me that I am now too old for this…I don’t know about a new contract with the UFC. I believe that I gave this game a lot, I fought with the greatest fighters," Cro Cop said.

"For 20 years I lived this life and now I have no motivation for the fight, no mental strength for all the Spartan training. I am no longer so hungry for victory. I will not stop training, but if I am asleep I’ll stay in bed and practice an hour later."

"I have some [seminar] contacts around the seminar circuit in the U.S., Australia, Europe and even Brazil," Cro Cop said.
right decision Thanks Mirko!!!!

·
Banned
0 Posts

Image via UFC.com

"In addition to winning the Pride Grand Prix Finals, [UFC 115] it’s my favorite fight of my career [but] most of the training proved to me that I am now too old for this…I don’t know about a new contract with the UFC. I believe that I gave this game a lot, I fought with the greatest fighters," Cro Cop said.

"For 20 years I lived this life and now I have no motivation for the fight, no mental strength for all the Spartan training. I am no longer so hungry for victory. I will not stop training, but if I am asleep I’ll stay in bed and practice an hour later."

"I have some [seminar] contacts around the seminar circuit in the U.S., Australia, Europe and even Brazil," Cro Cop said.​

WoW, thought he would stay after the win....:confused05:

·
Premium Member
4,377 Posts
Damn, this sucks.. I mean, it's good that he retired on this note, but still sucks that I won't see him fighting anymore.
I've got to say though, I didn't expect this - didn't he say after the JDS fight that he wen't fishing (or something :D) and understood that fighting is the thing for him, and he wanted to come back?

·
Registered
143 Posts
He is the man and will forever be missed. He also gave us some of the greatest highlights ever in MMA and for that I'm personally thankful.

C.C. for life.

·
Registered
780 Posts
you may not have that fire now, but if the main event of 115 shows anything, fighters will fight. Cro Cop is a fighter, im sure he'll be back, and unlike chuck he wont have to talk dana into it everytime. enjoy your vacation ;)

·
It's a league game, Smokey
8,258 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Da **** man you finally had me getting excited to see you in the UFC.

Da. ****.

Da

I guess it's the right decision in the end. More losses would have made me sad panda. Keep on keepin' on CC.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Always have and always wll be a CroCop fan, and this is a good fight to go out on. Facing Pat Barry, an obviously talented and dangerous kickboxer and Mirko ground him out, went for high kicks, landed an axe kick, stunned him with his vicious left hand and eventually choked him out.

I can't help but think a rematch with Big Nog would have been even better to bow out on, but I respect the decision. Despite Cro Cop beating Barry, it has been obvious for a while that he's tiring, looking old, more flat footed and has lost some of sharpness. Pure talent and technique can still get him through fights, but bigger, hungrier and younger heavyweights are dominating the division.

War CroCop :praise01:

·
Fruits & Vegetables
2,580 Posts
I'm just happy he got one more moment in the spotlight with a entertaining fight, and victory.

It's also nice for Barry that Cro Cop's last fight is with him.

·
Takedown, Dominate & Destroy
2,060 Posts
Wish he would have a few more fights but atleast he smart enough to end his career on a high. Very respectable and the man will go down as a legend. Have a good retirement CC, YOU WILL BE MISSED!

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Always have and always wll be a CroCop fan, and this is a good fight to go out on. Facing Pat Barry, an obviously talented and dangerous kickboxer and Mirko ground him out, went for high kicks, landed an axe kick, stunned him with his vicious left hand and eventually choked him out.

I can't help but think a rematch with Big Nog would have been even better to bow out on, but I respect the decision. Despite Cro Cop beating Barry, it has been obvious for a while that he's tiring, looking old, more flat footed and has lost some of sharpness. Pure talent and technique can still get him through fights, but bigger, hungrier and younger heavyweights are dominating the division.

War CroCop :praise01:
Couldn't have said it any better. Rep coming your way...

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
I think he just thought about it and said... you know what.

I have some of the most amazing KO's this sport has seen,
I fought in a five round war with Fedor,
I have 37 fights over how many countries?,
I just got submission of the night in the UFC for a lot of money...

I feel like I will go for a walk now.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.