Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the fight I'd like to see the most.
Who do you think would win?

Most would quickly say that Cro Cop would win, and although ultimately, I would agree, I think it would be an excellent match up that could go either way.

I'd like to see this fight more than Cro Cop vs. Fedor--I think it'd just be a funner match to watch.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
I honestly think Shogun matches up with Crocop very well, im not saying he would win but it would be a great fight, i would say Crocop would be the slight favorite but Shogun could definatley beat him

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
I think it would be a good one. I'd love to see Shogun take it but I dunno if he would be able too. He has a good chance. Hard decision for me. If you could narrow it down to my 2 fav. fighters its those 2 for sure

·
Registered
2 Posts
Joonzang said:
This is the fight I'd like to see the most.
Who do you think would win?

Most would quickly say that Cro Cop would win, and although ultimately, I would agree, I think it would be an excellent match up that could go either way.

I'd like to see this fight more than Cro Cop vs. Fedor--I think it'd just be a funner match to watch.
* I think Fedor is the overwhelming powerful man he is good overall stand up and ground game. My vote is on Fedor...

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
hmmm maybe if shogun watches out for that crazy left high kick and trys for the submission rather than standing cause i think crocop would be the favored in a stand up war

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
yeah if shogun won it would prolly be by submission or a ground and pound. crocop on the other hand would beat him in the standing game

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
i think Shogun would do well on his feet against Crocop, hes more technical than wandy, i doubt he would KO CroCop, but i dont think Mirko would KO him either..if it went to the ground Shogun would submit him no doubt

·
Registered
23 Posts
i think shogun would take crocop quick if the fight is in japan, but if the fight was in vegas it could go either way bc the state laws again the "soccer" kicks, head stompin so on.

·
Registered
168 Posts
it would be an amazing fight and i would love to see it but we shall see how well shogun would do on dec 31 when he fights fedor.. this is a big fight for shogun he has nothing to lose and everything to gain

·
Registered
23 Posts
You Are a Clown said:
it would be an amazing fight and i would love to see it but we shall see how well shogun would do on dec 31 when he fights fedor.. this is a big fight for shogun he has nothing to lose and everything to gain

is shogun really fighting fedor on the 31st? where did u get that info?

·
Registered
168 Posts
i cant remember where i read it maybe i was dreaming or something but i thought it was happening i could be wrong maybe someone can help me out and find it

i did a little research guess i was wrong but fedor, shogun , wand , and arona are scheduled for the event not told who they are fighting yet but i got it off of mma weekly its just rumored though

PRIDE NEW YEAR'S EVE SHOW: DECEMBER 31

-Fedor Emelianenko (#1 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. TBA
-Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (#2 Light Heavyweight)* vs. TBA
-Wanderlei Silva (#3 Light Heavyweight)* vs. TBA
-Ricardo Arona (#4 Light Heavyweight)* vs. TBA

United States PPV Premiere Date: Not yet known

* Based on MMAWeekly Rankings

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
You Are a Clown said:
i totally agree, even if he loses and puts up a fight it only makes him look better..the kids 24, i cant imagine how much he is gonna improve by the time hes 29 30..yikes

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
You Are a Clown said:
i cant remember where i read it maybe i was dreaming or something but i thought it was happening i could be wrong maybe someone can help me out and find it

i did a little research guess i was wrong but fedor, shogun , wand , and arona are scheduled for the event not told who they are fighting yet but i got it off of mma weekly its just rumored though

PRIDE NEW YEAR'S EVE SHOW: DECEMBER 31

-Fedor Emelianenko (#1 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. TBA
-Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (#2 Light Heavyweight)* vs. TBA
-Wanderlei Silva (#3 Light Heavyweight)* vs. TBA
-Ricardo Arona (#4 Light Heavyweight)* vs. TBA

United States PPV Premiere Date: Not yet known

* Based on MMAWeekly Rankings
i heard wandy was fighting arona, and Shogun was fighting Fedor..if so thats awesome..NOW THATS WHAT I CALL A CO-MAIN EVENT, take notes Dana :laugh:

·
Registered
168 Posts
yea that would be an amazing card so far and id love to see shogun vs fedor if it happens just to see where shogun is in his fighting game we all know he is good but this will show just how good

·
Registered
318 Posts
Gotta give Pride props for giving fights people want. Throwing your best young MW in against your HW champ? Sure why not!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Cant wait to new Yrs Eve Fight......... awesome matches... but if Shogun chose to Fight Fedor, i will tell you this, Fedor will teach him what it takes to be Champ:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Didn't Fedor state during the post-Real Deal press conference that he will be fighting Josh Barnett next?

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
really, i havent heard anything about that,,but that fight has got to happen Barnett is one of the only guys that fedor hasnt faught, but to me the more intriguing fight would be Fedor shogun

1 - 20 of 21 Posts