Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a bit of a Cung Le fan... I'm not going to lie.

He's old, and really hasn't fought anyone notable (in their prime anyways), but he is bad ass.

I think he has THE most entertaining striking out of anyone in MMA.

I would jizz IN my pants to see him fight Anderson.

If you've read my posts, you'll know I'm a Andy hugger, but this stand up war would be the best ever.

What do you guys think of Cung Le?

I'm just sad he got this involved so late in his career.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
I like watching him fight but andy would beat the hell out of him. He is just too long and skilled of a striker. 4 inches taller also if he got him in the plum it would be over instantly.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Why isnt CUNG LE getting more recognition

Have to say Cung Le is one of the most exciting mma fighters to watch in any orginisation. Its refreshing to watch someone fight like that instead of going for the take down every 2 seconds or being too cautious to throw a kick "like alot of fighters are now days".

so my qustion is why is he not getting more hype and recognition??:confused02:. Dont give the crap that he's too old as he's already a accomplished martial artist that is wiping the floor with his opposition in spectacular style like when he kicked Shamrock all over the cage. And the way he finished Smith with that spinning back kick was top class.

Why would the UFC not consider giving him a few fights?
They give Kimbo "nothing more than a bar brawler" and Lesnar a chance who had no martial arts background and Kimbo was alot older tham Le. Even pudzianowski has had hype and he is a fat juice head that just swings his arms for a round until he gets gassed.

Cung Le so far has not even taken it seriously by still making movies etc and still won the belt. I know he hasnt got much of a ground game but neither has someone like Dan hardy who still got a title shot in the UFC. I know he could never be a middleweight champ in Ufc with Anderson there etc but he would certainly put on some great fights with better opposition.

Would like to hear peoples thaughts :wink01:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Have to say Cung Le is one of the most exciting mma fighters to watch in any orginisation. Its refreshing to watch someone fight like that instead of going for the take down every 2 seconds or being too cautious to throw a kick "like alot of fighters are now days".
Cung Le is 'exciting' because his opponents are hand-picked to suit his style, if he makes it into the MW GP he will get destroyed. He has been heavily shielded by Strikeforce to make him look good.

He's an excellent kickboxer, but far from a complete mixed martial artist.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Cung Le is 'exciting' because his opponents are hand-picked to suit his style, if he makes it into the MW GP he will get destroyed. He has been heavily shielded by Strikeforce to make him look good.

He's an excellent kickboxer, but far from a complete mixed martial artist.
This. Exactly this.

Praying to god he enters the MW tourney so I can fade him and make some money.

But you know he won't. He'll be in some side card feature fight versus some stand up punching bag.

Cung fighting Anderson Silva would not be a good thing. Cung's death in the ring would be horrible for mma's reputation.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
Why would the UFC not consider giving him a few fights?
They give Kimbo "nothing more than a bar brawler" and Lesnar a chance who had no martial arts background and Kimbo was alot older tham Le. Even pudzianowski has had hype and he is a fat juice head that just swings his arms for a round until he gets gassed.

Cung Le so far has not even taken it seriously by still making movies etc and still won the belt. I know he hasnt got much of a ground game but neither has someone like Dan hardy who still got a title shot in the UFC. I know he could never be a middleweight champ in Ufc with Anderson there etc but he would certainly put on some great fights with better opposition.

Would like to hear peoples thaughts :wink01:
Dana is on record that he is a Cung Le fan but he is under contract to strikeforce and fights like once a year because he makes movies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.