Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone else think that if james toney loses he will be cut from the ufc? taking into consideration that it was him chasing dana around from event to event and not visa versa and the fact that he is asking to fight catch weight, i see dana giving him his shot against an opponent who is a horrible stylistic matchup for him and then sending him on his way.

its win-win for dana. if toney wins he can market him to boxing fans and bring in more ppv buys. if couture wins (as most expect) he can play "mma legend beat up a former boxing champ" card.

while i personally see it as a bit of a marketing freakshow, i can see its benefits and why it looks like it's going to happen.

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
If a youtube star gets 2 fights at the UFC to prove his worth, perhaps a former boxing champion deserves a litle more than that?

Besides it´s good for the UFC to have a former boxing champion gettin beaten ein the octogon. That will open many people eyes.

·
Roll Tide Roll
7,603 Posts
If a youtube star gets 2 fights at the UFC to prove his worth, perhaps a former boxing champion deserves a litle more than that?

Besides it´s good for the UFC to have a former boxing champion gettin beaten ein the octogon. That will open many people eyes.

But Kimbo won his first fight then got cut like an hour after he lost his next fight.....If Toney get taken out I say its lights out on Toney's ufc run.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
why would you cut him after he stomps out randy? that makes no sense to me.
as you've shown in some prior threads you must have only read the thread title and not the actual text inside.

i said it is win-win for dana. if toney wins, he can market him. the cutting part was only if he loses. this was not meant to be a thread bashing toney.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He just wants to start something just over look him CleeM
okay :) thanks for the heads up.

like i said before i'm not bashing toney and im not huge opposed to him being in the ufc (maybe his tactics to GET INTO the ufc) but after how much dana avoided him in the first place, i think he wants him gone if he loses the first fight.

·
All Eyez on Me
2,481 Posts
okay :) thanks for the heads up.

like i said before i'm not bashing toney and im not huge opposed to him being in the ufc (maybe his tactics to GET INTO the ufc) but after how much dana avoided him in the first place, i think he wants him gone if he loses the first fight.
dude I was only being sarcastic so just chill :thumbsup:

and G land, you need to chill out too and stop stirring shit up. cant we all just get along :dunno:

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
why would you cut him after he stomps out randy? that makes no sense to me.
dude I was only being sarcastic so just chill :thumbsup:

and G land, you need to chill out too and stop stirring shit up. cant we all just get along :dunno:
I knew you weren't serious. It was the illegal stomp that gave you away.

TONY BY BITCH TOSS!!

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
Someone please explain to me how oldfan got so many greenbars. Is there really that many Toney tro....errr fans on here.
don't take life or me so serious dawg. This sport is fun and toney telling people what he can do to RANDY COUTURE is the funnest shit I've ever heard!

I can't wait for someone to decipher toney's post fight interview!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.