Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Dan Hardy Says Josh Koscheck is A B*tch

4K views 54 replies 35 participants last post by  vilify 
What on earth are you talking about? Etim, Hardy, Bisping, and Pearson all have fantastic Ji-Jitsu.

I think Fantastic is a bit of a stretch....yeah there are skills there for some more than other's mentioned but it's not like any are known as BJJ practioner's....In fact they are all basically strikers...LoL for a sec I though I read "Pointon" I was like Nooooooooo...:thumb02:

Terry Etim has 2 Submission of the Night awards, and is better known for his Jiu-Jitsu than he is for his striking. Bisping's Jiu-Jitsu has improved immeasurably in the last few years too, and that was proven in his fight against Denis Kang, where he did an excellent job neutralising Kang's BJJ and preventing Kang getting to any dangerous positions. He isn't known for his Jiu-Jitsu, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have very good BJJ.

Etim has skills but again as the group listed above the majority isnt known for their ground skills, regardless of what Bisping did your talking an older Kang and we both know thats really not the point......again most of their Jitz is defensive (talking Bisping) not so much trying to advance position and secure a sub....on top of that the second part of the original question is slightly true, there is a need for better wrestling but guys like Hardy are just not a good match up for say a GSP or Fitch...I think the person that asked that question or raised that issue of wrestling just finished watching UFC Primetime....I have news.....Dennis Kang aint shit and if you couldnt tell that was a rebound fight given to him by the UFC you should re consider....:thumbsup:

coldcall420 gonna have to disagree. Etim has some of the best Jitz in the UFC. He submitted Dos Anjos who is a BJJ black belt in his last fight as well as the two sub of the nights he has. He is only "not known for his ground game" with the yanks who refuse to accept any british fighters have a good skill set!
Actually he just lost to Dos Anjos.....:thumbsup: Im not a yank...Im Brittish, he got armbarred by Dos Anjos in the 2nd RD...stay hot....I have no bias against Brittish fighter's I just wanna see one win a belt and until certain aspects of game are developed as a whole over the Pond then the same will most likely continue.....It's just the way things are right now, the good news is that Brittish fighters are getting better and better and the sport is on fire overthere....

The most promising British fighters atm imo are John Hathaway and Andre Winner. Why?

Hathaway actually has really good wrestling. When i say that, i dont mean he has good wrestling for a brit, i mean he has some seriously good wrestling skills. His striking is not too shabby too, but he needs a lot of work in that department, lol hes like the opposite of all the other british fighters.

Andre Winner. He has great striking and he has excellent TDD and he is actually very good on the ground, i can see him making waves in the LW division.

If i was in the shoes of Hardy, daley, etim etc i would seriously consider moving to america for some time and working very hard on wrestling. Maybe not fight for a year or some thing, just focus intesnley on wrestling training, day in, day out. That is the only way i see them hanging with the top tier wrestlers in the UFC. Terry Etim imo has some of the best striking in the LW division. Very reminiscent of anderson silva

I liked Andre alot I bet him to win it all on the show I was def upset, I thought his striking was great and defense... The loss to Pearson I really didnt see, but thats why they fight....:thumbsup:

Not the kind to make excuses, but Andre had a bad case of food poisoning befor the Ross Pearson fight. I tip my hat to him for even showing up to the fight. Food poisoning is not good, not from my own personal experience any way, i was on deaths door.

I had it once....terrible...I lost 13 pounds and the Doctor was describing to me what was happening in my stomach i puked all over him....it really was the most horrible vomiting I have ever done, serious pain, you wanna eat and cant.....:thumbsdown:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.