Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts
I agree that he was referring to his attitude, for the most part, but he also said "He didn't come to fight, he came to lay on top of him." (not the exact quote) People have been saying the same thing about GSP. I know GSP works a lot more on the ground than Koscheck did in the Daley fight, I just found it interesting that he'd say that about Koscheck while giving so much respect to GSP.
Without sounding like I'm defending Hardy too much, but in his position, he probably has some personal animosity toward Kos for being associated with the banning of Semtex. Obviously its Semtex fault, nonetheless, when you're speaking off the cuff with your mind set from a bias position, it's not going to sound analytical and of sound reason. I agree, Kos beat Semtex in the relatively same manner as GSP beat Hardy, but Hardy said GSP didn't come to fight either, afterward. It's also much harder to call someone a b*itch who owned you. I wouldn't look too much into it is all, but I hear what you're saying.

LOL, i really don't like Josh Koscheck. I wish Paul could still fight in the UFC because I liked his standup a lot. I don't blame Paul for throwin the punch, it was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I agree that he was referring to his attitude, for the most part, but he also said "He didn't come to fight, he came to lay on top of him." (not the exact quote) People have been saying the same thing about GSP. I know GSP works a lot more on the ground than Koscheck did in the Daley fight, I just found it interesting that he'd say that about Koscheck while giving so much respect to GSP.
The main difference is when GSP finished with Hardy his arms must have been absolutely killing, when he finished with Alves and BJ their faces were a bloody mess. Koscheck however did absolutely no damage to Paul Daley. I know this is a sport and winning is more important than anything else, but it is still fighting so to fight someone for 15mins without hurting them one little bit is a bit...meh!

Actually why doesn't Hardy fight Fitch next??? Be a good way to test himself against another elite wrestler, then if he beats Fitch sets up a nice grudge match with Kos!

Fitch is a beast at grinding out decisions so he would be another tough fight for Hardy.

Actually why doesn't Hardy fight Fitch next??? Be a good way to test himself against another elite wrestler, then if he beats Fitch sets up a nice grudge match with Kos!

Fitch is a beast at grinding out decisions so he would be another tough fight for Hardy.
It would be waaay too soon for Dan to fight another elite wrestler. He'd get owned all over again.

There is no way on earth Josh Koscheck could have stood with Paul Daley for 3 rounds, that's why he used his wrestling. Daley has the best striking at 170 bar possibly GSP, and Koscheck barely out-striking a hugely over-rated striker in Johnson proves nothing. He was knocked out by Paulo Thiago, and I'm sure that if he stood with Paul Daley, or Dan Hardy, he's getting KTFO. There's no chance Johnson's a better striker than Hardy either, all Johnson has is size and power. Hardy's a genuinely good striker, was slightly over-rated prior to the GSP fight, but he's not much smaller than Johnson and does have far better technical striking.
Of course Kos couldnt have stood with him, it's why he didn't. But there's a massive difference between taking someone down and pitter pattering them to a decision and actually trying to win the fight.

Hardy makes a good point, Koscheck didn't go to fight, he just went to lie on Daley and win a decision, but that's wrestling. Until fighters who don't come from wrestling backgrounds learn how to deal with the takedowns and work from their backs we will continue to see 15/25 minutes of people lying on each other.
It's not a good point it's a Heath Herring, Tank abbot Argument that's about as old as the sport.

Hardy claimed Daily and himself was gonna run over the ufc 170 division and they didn't.

Hardy like his friend is gonna suck than die.
He has less hope than Bisping. I'm sure he'll bust his ass but he can't pick up the tools guys have had for years.

Hardy VS Paulo Thiago anyone?

I think i can see Dan fighting someone in the 8-15 ranking spots first before having a pop at Thiago or Fitch, seeing as he was supposed to be fighting Hazelett next. Maybe someone like Ben Saunders, maybe even Diego Sanchez.

All i care about is Dan fighting in the UK at 119 or 120 so i can go see him!

Does anybody else happen to think that Hardy, and the other UK fighters, should stop talking shit and learn some wrestling? Or maybe some Jiu Jitsu?
I don't know if you noticed or not but Dan's Jiu Jitsu is pretty good. I mean, other than the submission attempts, Dan more or less neutralised GSP's attack on the floor.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.